Feature Request - Provide total Points (or pips)

In the terminal screen, under the tab "Trade", all the current trades are listed, and if we right click we can elect to display each line as points.

However, the sum at the bottom is meaningless to me. I know that is my problem as I can't yet get to grips with leverage and margins, never mind the fact that I am working in GBP and yet it seems to display in dollars (I think).

However, could we also have a choice to display the total pips at the bottom, maybe as well as whatever is shown there at the moment?

Reasons:

1. The lot size per day may well vary as the amount of funds goes up (hopefully!), so without pips it is impossible to compare one day against another.

2. When testing an EA, the actual money gained is meaningless when comparing against another EA unless the lot size is specified which it rarely is. If we read an html report on the web, the author might claim that it won $100,000 in 6 months, but it is only when using pips can we have a base line to accurately compare. If we hear that an EA won 10,000 pips in 6 months, then we would take notice as it is a tangible quantity that can be related to far easier.

In the Account History Tab, we don't get the options of displaying points at all (which is odd since we do in the trades tab), so we can't 'feel' how well each trade went (because it is lot dependant). If I told someone I got $1000 in a day it doesn't mean anything as I might have won 10 points at 10.00 lot size, but if I said I got 400 points, then that is a common language that we can all use for comparative purposes.

Also when doing a report, it doesn't list the points anywhere.

Finally can we have a facility to export the history to a CSV file please?

Thanks

-Jerry

So much agree!

netconuk:

However, the sum at the bottom is meaningless to me. I know that is my problem as I can't yet get to grips with leverage and margins, never mind the fact that I am working in GBP and yet it seems to display in dollars (I think).

What is currency of your deposit?
Terminal must display balance, equity margin and etc. in currency of your deposit. 

I second this feature. To be able to see profit in pips, not only in currency.

Convenient would be to double click on profit Cell, and to change display mode: pips/currency.

Also it would be nice to display info with colors (like Green for positive profit, and Red for negative profit 

netconuk:

In the terminal screen, under the tab "Trade", all the current trades are listed, and if we right click we can elect to display each line as points.

However, could we also have a choice to display the total pips at the bottom, maybe as well as whatever is shown there at the moment?

-Jerry

Feature which you are requesting will be helpful only when you trade one symbol. How will this information help you if you trade two or more symbols (eurusd + gbpjpy + ...)? 

alexvd:

Feature which you are requesting will be helpful only when you trade one symbol. How will this information help you if you trade two or more symbols (eurusd + gbpjpy + ...)? 

Here comes another good thing you could implement, filtering by symbol/comment etc. ;-)

I think that displaying profit in Points is very important to many traders. You have it in "trade" tab for a given order, why don't you do the same for the "exposure" and "history" tabs?  30 pips/day is telling me much more than $30 a day

alexvd:

Alexvd, why is it only helpful if you display one symbol? Pips are pips are pips irrespective of the symbol - that's the whole point of dealing in pips. You will see you made 10 pips on eurusd and 20 pips on gbpjpy etc. Then at the bottom you will see you made 30 pips total.

-Jerry

netconuk:

Alexvd, why is it only helpful if you display one symbol? Pips are pips are pips irrespective of the symbol - that's the whole point of dealing in pips. You will see you made 10 pips on eurusd and 20 pips on gbpjpy etc. Then at the bottom you will see you made 30 pips total.

-Jerry

Good point. I don't see why it would be useful only to one symbol. Pips are pips. And pips profit tells more than $ profit. They are both needed, but for me at least, pips profit are more meaningful by far.

This seems to be a popular request but I've not seen a comment from the program authors. Do they see these threads? It's 4 years ago I suggested this. Is there a reason why it hasn't happened? I'd love to know.

-Jerry

netconuk:

This seems to be a popular request but I've not seen a comment from the program authors. Do they see these threads? It's 4 years ago I suggested this. Is there a reason why it hasn't happened? I'd love to know.

-Jerry

I also make suggestion to service desk, such as option inside MetaTrader 4 to be able set TP-SL in point (currently only able set in price)..... and the result is no response.

I think service desk only response for "hard" bug,, or re-activate archived signal <== about a month ago i ask this to service desk, and surprised,,,, they response very quick, in 2 minutes.

But for request/suggestion, I think they only responses to broker request,,,,, there's no chance for user request.

But keep writing and make request, just hope someday our suggestion will come true.

widhie75:

I also make suggestion to service desk, such as option inside MetaTrader 4 to be able set TP-SL in point (currently only able set in price)..... and the result is no response.

I think service desk only response for "hard" bug,, or re-activate archived signal <== about a month ago i ask this to service desk, and surprised,,,, they response very quick, in 2 minutes.

But for request/suggestion, I think they only responses to broker request,,,,, there's no chance for user request.

But keep writing and make request, just hope someday our suggestion will come true.

It's not true, there had been a lot of users requests approved and include in MT4/MT5. But of course not all, and seems not yours. That doesn't mean there is "no chance for user request", that only means your request is not approved.

Adding pips from different trades is simply meaningless in my opinion, though if you really want it, that can easily be coded with mql4/mql5.

Reason: