I need some help with Pivot point indicator

Hello all, I am using the following pivot point technical indicator (mql file attached) which is working fine but problem is that it is showing S/R level line's labels all over the chart which is creating difficulties in reading price action. i tried to manually delete the text labels but they show up automatically after some time. What code i should comment out in order to keep all labels invisible. Thank you :)

gearhead:
Hello all, I am using the following pivot point technical indicator (mql file attached) which is working fine but problem is that it is showing S/R level line's labels all over the chart which is creating difficulties in reading price action. i tried to manually delete the text labels but they show up automatically after some time. What code i should comment out in order to keep all labels invisible. Thank you :)

Hi gearhead,

You may find trying to modify that indicator, with some advise from this forum, to be a job a little too big for you.

There are tons of free pivot indicators on all trading related forums, including this one.

It may be worth looking around for something that suits you instead of spending ages on a project like that.

Do you use it for daily pivots ?

There's a daily pivot indicator here that offers Fibonacci or standard daily pivots and labels are set nicely to the right .

It looks like this :

You can find more about it here or you can surf a bit and see what else is new on the net.

Hope it helps.

Have fun and enjoy.

thrdel:

Hi gearhead,

You may find trying to modify that indicator, with some advise from this forum, to be a job a little too big for you.

There are tons of free pivot indicators on all trading related forums, including this one.

It may be worth looking around for something that suits you instead of spending ages on a project like that.

Do you use it for daily pivots ?

There's a daily pivot indicator here that offers Fibonacci or standard daily pivots and labels are set nicely to the right .

It looks like this :

You can find more about it here or you can surf a bit and see what else is new on the net.

Hope it helps.

Have fun and enjoy.

Thank you thrdel. This indicator looks cool as well but the indicator i am talking about shows classical PP's for H1, Dail, Weekly and monthly. Plus i tweaked the indicator a little bit according to my need as i have a tiny programming background. i am sure anybody who has experience in mql would figure it out just by looking at the good. thank you very much again for your kind suggestion :)

gearhead:

Thank you thrdel. This indicator looks cool as well but the indicator i am talking about shows classical PP's for H1, Dail, Weekly and monthly. Plus i tweaked the indicator a little bit according to my need as i have a tiny programming background. i am sure anybody who has experience in mql would figure it out just by looking at the good. thank you very much again for your kind suggestion :)

Hello again gearhead,

Here is one idea you may find useful if you're not happy with the labels dependent on Time[0] and you want to be able to shift them a number of bars to the right or to the left of Time[0]this is how I would do it:

1. You need to make sure the chart is shifted if you want labels to the right of Time[0]. I used the 2 functions available in the documentation

ChartShiftSizeGet() to check and ChartShiftSizeSet() to set the chart shift (in percent from 10 to max 50 !).You will see them at the end of the code.

Then used two new external input, one for chart shift and one for labels shift (from time[0] to the right in this case. Negative numbers will set the labels to the left of time[0])

Next, replace all Time[0] with labelShift variable (calculation is clear in the code, Start function)

You may want to change it in all ObjectCreate() functions as well, so they get created in the right place.

I hope you get the idea and with a little bit of programming experience you can make all necessary changes to suit your needs .

I hope it helps and wish you have fun with it.And if you have any questions, ask away.

Enjoy

PS.

I had problems posting the code here, an error saying it's too long or something so I attached the file.

PS.2

I've cleaned up the code a little bit and reattached the file.

Files:

Gearhead,

I have a version 2.3 of the Pivot indicator.

What a great job on this tool's redesign.  THANK YOU !!

Can you confirm if the tool integrates to iCustom() for exporting buffers? 

I can see there is buffer mapping but I'm not yet familiar with 600+ / Mt5 mapping.

If so, perhaps an example of an iCustom string would help or a definition of mapping.

If buffers are not configured for export, would you consider adding the feature?

Thanks again, great job!

Crafter 

Reason: