MetaTrader 4 Build 600 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 36

Trevhib:

The data in my build 600 history centre is: Time - Open - High - Low - Close - Volume

Which way round is it supposed to be then, and where is this Real Volume column supposed to appear?

And is the OHLC order being changed why my test results are screwed up? Or is it due to the set file issue, or that the coding needs altering for reasons not yet understood since the changes. What a f'in joke.

Real Volume and Spread are for future use . . .

Hi Raptor,

What are the columns you have in your history centre and in what order?

Trevhib:

Hi Raptor,

What are the columns you have in your history centre and in what order?

In build 604 . . .

but thats just the History Centre displaying the data that it has . . .

Trevhib:

And is the OHLC order being changed why my test results are screwed up? Or is it due to the set file issue, or that the coding needs altering for reasons not yet understood since the changes. What a f'in joke.

The order of the data in the .hst files has changed, but the .hst file also contains a version value so build 509 and before .hst can be distinguished from post 509 .hst files . . .

.hst file format . . . Old and New (Jan 2014)

Thanks for reply Raptor.

Apologies, I saw your .hst format thread a few days ago but in the rush around the new build changes I didn't spend long enough studying what was in it. I've rectified that this morning.

One question regarding versions. I had thought I'd seen comments where existing .hst files (and all their back data) were being updated automatically on any 60x machine when the history centre was opened up? I probably misunderstood but if it is the case, is the database version value altered as a result?

Also is it possible that using an old version .hst in a build 60x strategy tester can have an affect on the test results, due in whole or in part to the changing around of LH to HL?

I have to say, I'm a bit in the dark as to what I'm supposed to do to/with all my existing .hst files to ensure they are usable (and provide reliable testing results), or what happens to the new version/format data being added to them.

Trevhib:

Thanks for reply Raptor.

Apologies, I saw your .hst format thread a few days ago but in the rush around the new build changes I didn't spend long enough studying what was in it. I've rectified that this morning.

One question regarding versions. I had thought I'd seen comments where existing .hst files (and all their back data) were being updated automatically on any 60x machine when the history centre was opened up? I probably misunderstood but if it is the case, is the database version value altered as a result?

Also is it possible that using an old version .hst in a build 60x strategy tester can have an affect on the test results, due in whole or in part to the changing around of LH to HL?

I have to say, I'm a bit in the dark as to what I'm supposed to do to/with all my existing .hst files to ensure they are usable (and provide reliable testing results), or what happens to the new version/format data being added to them.

I've not tested so I can't say with any certainty, sorry . . . but I would assume that the upgrade process would also upgrade the hst files . . . my working terminals are still on 509 so I don't know for sure what happens with the history. I have only upgraded new installs with very little Broker supplied history.

You can import existing .hst files via the History Center, when you browse to find the file change the drop down to .hst . . . I assume the history center will check the version and adjust accordingly . . .

Thanks Raptor.

I think for the moment I will leave the files alone until we/someone discovers a bit more information about the .hst alterations. Whilst I would like to eliminate .hst issues from my list of causes that are resulting in my back-tests not providing the same results in (what appear to be) like for like tests, I don't want to create an issue where there may not be one, lol (since the differing test results could be due to .set file, coding changes or a.n.other as yet undetected build 60x problems).

Back in the day we spent an age ensuring our .hst data was as complete and accurate as it could be. To have concerns about this again now is a real sickener.

To give a little hope, i will share a positive feedback for everybody.

All testing and upgrade is done on b604 using MQ new MT4 test server.
I didn't upgrade, i made a clean install and copied old sources one by one as needed.

I have migrated almost all code to b6xx, by applying #property strict in every file, and:
1) backtests are very similar, so the differences a caused by different history
2) EA is running on specified demo, and is acting for last 24h identically to EAs running live on b509

But be warned, i am using only old functions, new functions are useless for me at the moment.
Also, i am still on b509 with no intentions to upgrade for at least a month.

I would advise you to use same procedure, and be patient, as you are not going to solve everything in a day.

RaptorUK,

I have same problem as danidan. In my instance, I'm using multiple mqh in include folder, a variable is defined globally, and then also used in other mqh and final mq4. So in my instance, I am only defining a variable once to be used across multiple files (otherwise I get errors of the variable already being defined and so mq4 won't compile), not defining the variable globally and locally.

So in my instance, is there any way to get rid of the warnings?

Thanks!

Kindest regards,

Don

hi,

I have installed an updated metatrader with build 600. My ea is using a mqh and a dll.

But now, every time I opened this ea, the metatrader is closing immediately. I have already recompiled the mqh and the ea, but I can't run the ea :-(

I also tried to install a new metatrader build 604, but I don't know where (in which folder) I have to put my dll.

I would be very grateful for your help!

Reason: