MetaTrader 4 Build 600 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 37

apfel:

hi,

I have installed an updated metatrader with build 600. My ea is using a mqh and a dll.

But now, every time I opened this ea, the metatrader is closing immediately. I have already recompiled the mqh and the ea, but I can't run the ea :-(

I also tried to install a new metatrader build 604, but I don't know where (in which folder) I have to put my dll.

I would be very grateful for your help!

dll: MQL4\libraries\

mqh: MQL4\include\

apfel:

hi,

I have installed an updated metatrader with build 600. My ea is using a mqh and a dll.

But now, every time I opened this ea, the metatrader is closing immediately. I have already recompiled the mqh and the ea, but I can't run the ea :-(

I also tried to install a new metatrader build 604, but I don't know where (in which folder) I have to put my dll.

Maybe stating the obvious - check that Experts and DLL imports are enabled.

They were automatically disabled with the 600 update, as a security measure.

Subsequently look for any generated error codes, which will then provide a starting point.

Current build is now 605.

If you have a problem, please test with this build before posting.

Thank you.

apfel:

hi,

If you are updating from 509+, you may consider using the legacy ex4 code; in that case the DLL belongs to experts\libraries as prior the 600.

angevoyageur:

Current build is now 605.

Listening to and solving the issues as a priority is really great. The way the dial turns round on the build numbers however, as though it's a small dev-EA being pinged back and forth between a programmer and his customer, would be funny if it wasn't costing people so dearly in time and money.

Incidentally, has the double init problem been fixed? As new builds don't seem to come out with a full list of specific bugs fixed.

Trevhib:

Listening to and solving the issues as a priority is really great. The way the dial turns round on the build numbers however, as though it's a small dev-EA being pinged back and forth between a programmer and his customer, would be funny if it wasn't costing people so dearly in time and money.

Incidentally, has the double init problem been fixed? As new builds don't seem to come out with a full list of specific bugs fixed.

Sorry but I am only moderator and I am not aware of all the bugs and the fixes. What is "double init problem" ?

angevoyageur:
What is "double init problem" ?

Trevhib may be referring to something else but... in v600 it was possible for init() in EAs, particularly old EAs, to be called multiple times and with horrible memory-corruption side-effects.

As far I know, this has now been fixed. The release notes for v603 specifically said: "3. MQL4: improved managing Expert Advisor re-initialization."

gchrmt4:

Trevhib may be referring to something else but... in v600 it was possible for init() in EAs, particularly old EAs, to be called multiple times and with horrible memory-corruption side-effects.

As far I know, this has now been fixed. The release notes for v603 specifically said: "3. MQL4: improved managing Expert Advisor re-initialization."

Ah, many thanks. I imagine that improvement has fixed the issue.

The uninstaller now leaves directories (config, logs, mql4, tester) even when delete user info is checked. (XP)

MetaQuotes:

" provided built-in support of DLL and Visual Studio"

How?
Reason: