scripts and EA's not working

I know some people must think, "not this again", but I have tried the following. Checked live trading enabled, the most obvious, uninstalled the platform, restored my computer, deleted all files and started from scratch and still the things won't work. The only thing that will work, is if I download a script that I have never used before, this will execute. My usual stuff is not working, although the journal says it is. No error numbers given. Any helpful insight apart from "go away"?

If you are on Vista or Windows 7 what directory do you have MT4 installed in ? if it is in Program Files/ then you may be having some UAC issues, the easiest solution is to install in something like C:\MT4_Installs\

RaptorUK:
If you are on Vista or Windows 7 what directory do you have MT4 installed in ? if it is in Program Files/ then you may be having some UAC issues, the easiest solution is to install in something like C:\MT4_Installs\

Thanks. It is stored in computer, program files X 86. I do have windows 7. When I download the platform again it will give the choice of save location, if I enter what you have specified it should stop misbehaving...... hopefully.

patrick007:

Thanks. It is stored in computer, program files X 86. I do have windows 7. When I download the platform again it will give the choice of save location, if I enter what you have specified it should stop misbehaving...... hopefully.

You need to select the Installation location when you Install . . not when you Download.

And remember to set Allow live trading (and allow DLLs if needed) in MT4 and in the EA.

RaptorUK:

You need to select the Installation location when you Install . . not when you Download.

And remember to set Allow live trading (and allow DLLs if needed) in MT4 and in the EA.

Thanks. Tried it all. Not working. Have saved EA's and scripts to same location, but no joy.

Did you tried also to close your running MetaTrader4 platform and then open it again ??

deVries:
Did you tried also to close your running MetaTrader4 platform and then open it again ??

patrick007:

Thanks. Tried it all. Not working. Have saved EA's and scripts to same location, but no joy.

I think the problems started when the laptop battery went flat. Can't seem to get EX4 copy of scripts and EA's sorted. Must have been wiped.

patrick007:

You mean to the relevant experts/ folder and the experts/scripts/ folder ?

RaptorUK:

You mean to the relevant experts/ folder and the experts/scripts/ folder ?

Yes. No EX4 file.

I have done that and i know your meaning, but the exact problem is no here.

I have write down i unit of program code which can work in EA but can't in script.

so why ? 

vx0532: so why ?
  1. There are no mind readers here. You must provide information like what your problem is exactly.
  2. Don't hijack someone else's thread, especially a six month old one.
Reason: