qjol:

with build 509 ?
Yes,  I just recompiled to make sure,  ME and terminal build 509

qjol:

in build 509

is useless

problem solved

Hello, I would like to suggest a implementation:

Create a refresh command for Navigator Window.

After to copy .ex4 files into experts folder, we have to close and open the Terminal to see this new EA in Navigator Window. The problem is that I have some EAs running and I have a lot of problems for restarting and setting up them again.

This command could read again the folder showing all .ex4 files, and we wouldn't need to restart the Terminal, preserving our EAs that are already running.

What do you think?

Rodorush:

Hello, I would like to suggest a implementation:

Create a refresh command for Navigator Window.

After to copy .ex4 files into experts folder, we have to close and open the Terminal to see this new EA in Navigator Window. The problem is that I have some EAs running and I have a lot of problems for restarting and setting up them again.

No you don't.  Simply right click on one of the standard Custom Indicators,  for example ATR,  then click modify,  this opens it in MetaEditor,  compile the file . . .  this refreshes the contents of the navigator without needing to restart MT4..

MT4 build 509 brings a new feature in the Strategy Tester called “Spread” right under “Period”. However, Even if I change this value, the spread (Ask minus Bid) on backtests keeps constant the value written into the .fxt-Files.
Any ideas on this?

Hanky:
MT4 build 509 brings a new feature in the Strategy Tester called “Spread” right under “Period”. However, Even if I change this value, the spread (Ask minus Bid) on backtests keeps constant the value written into the .fxt-Files.
Any ideas on this?
It is meant to be constant . . .  it just means you can set the value.

For information, from Renat :

Here the main problem in the security system Windows:

• UAC blocks the changes in the local directory Program Files
  • Background directory mapping for applications running inside the Program Files

As a result of the program's behavior is very different when it is run under real Admin (explicitly raised) and the usual rights (even basic Admin, not to mention the user). In one case, starts direct access to directories, and in another - automatic mapping of OSes "to ensure compatibility."

Unfortunately, MetaTrader 4 was created in 2004, when there were questions about the stringent conditions for access to the Program Files directory, and now have to comply fully with the behavior of OSes that can be programmatically MAPP / move working directories. With 509 build we have already implemented a workaround, when after the update will not have to restart the terminal as it is forced to run with standard rights. As a result, there will be "loss of settings" because of the temporary change of access rights.

MetaTrader 5, in contrast to the MT4 created immediately to meet the stringent requirements for security and expressly own stores data in ProgramData directory and has fewer problems with access rights.

"As a result, there will be "loss of settings" because of the temporary change of access rights."

What I found when upgrading to 509 is that all the settings in things like the tester are lost (which makes sense as you're in your admin account to do the upgrade) but a simple shut-down and restart of MT4 brings them back (as you've switched back to standard account at that stage).  Looks like the restart wasn't required before and now it is.  Apologies if I just restated what is written above, it's not always easy to follow the translated English. 

Hi All

I have big problem with updated MT4 (newer than 482 build).

I used metatrader 4 more than 3 years without any problem, I like this because simply , but great platform.

But update from 482 build, then metatrader begin useless junk, because all characters on the screen will very small miniatur size.

I have 8 monitor system, all monitors is native FullHD resolution(1920x1080), I have not any issue before update from 482build.

I use now 482 build on my all metatrader in all brokers, but I don't know how much time working this version.

PLEASE FIX this very big fail in the terminal.exe!!!!!!

If I overwrited terminal.exe after update with old version terminal.exe file, then showed normal sizes characters again, working good.

But after updte can't read any words or numbers comfortable, all letters and numbers was very small. 

This is the 21th century , 1920x1080 the most computer display native resolution.

I don't want use svga or xga resolution for only MT4. 

I've attached the 4 monitors screenshot before update(482 the last usable version) and after update to build 500. 

a8l:

Hi All

I have big problem with updated MT4 (newer than 482 build).

I used metatrader 4 more than 3 years without any problem, I like this because simply , but great platform.

But update from 482 build, then metatrader begin useless junk, because all characters on the screen will very small miniatur size. 

How did you get the icons and text to appear bigger than standard with build 482 ?  I have a Build 445 terminal and it's icons and text are the same size as build 509 . . .
Reason: