WARNING: MT4 build 509 Optimization bug

I might have found an ugly bug in the Optimization side of MT4 build 509, related to the new Spread control feature.

After running an optimization for the first time, with a Spread value of say 40 pips specified in the new Spread control box, if you just change its value to another number (50 pips for example) and rerun the optimization it actually does not take that new value for the Spread into consideration, and repeats the results of the first optimization with the 40 pips. You can change dates, or even restart MT4, but it still won't run an optimization with the new value for the Spread.

The only way to "refresh" MT4 and run a proper optimization with the new value for the spread is to manually delete the .fxt file in the tester\history folder. What a pain!!!

I would appreciate if anybody else could verify this problem. In the mean time, I will post the bug using the MQL5 service desk link.

pipnotic:

I might have found an ugly bug in the Optimization side of MT4 build 509, related to the new Spread control feature.

The only way to "refresh" MT4 and run a proper optimization with the new value for the spread is to manually delete the .fxt file in the tester\history folder. What a pain!!!
  1. If you haven't changed the EA, EA's parameters, chart or use date, the tester doesn't repeat tests already done on the existing fxt. Likely the new field wasn't added to that check.
  2. Modify expert -> compile -> terminal -> start. 4 clicks no pain.

Thanks, WHRoeder, though it is a pain if I had to do that over my 180 MT4 installations. Fortunately a batch command deleting all the fxt files before starting another optimization did the trick! ;-)

Let us see what the Service Desk guys will say about it!

Cheers!

Just as an update to the community, MetaQuote's Service Desk came back to me acknowledging the problem and promising to fix it.

So in the mean time, be mindful of the problem during your optimizations! ;-)

Cheers!

pipnotic:

Just as an update to the community, MetaQuote's Service Desk came back to me acknowledging the problem and promising to fix it.

So in the mean time, be mindful of the problem during your optimizations! ;-)

Cheers!

Hi there, i have the SAME bad issue!

Can you post step by step how you have solved it?

Thanks

zanzistor:

What do you think this means ? "So in the mean time, be mindful of the problem during your optimizations!"

zanzistor:

Thanks

The op said he solved it by manually deleting the .fxt file in the tester\history folder, so you should probably manually delete the .fxt file in the tester\history folder.