New MetaTrader 4 Platform Build 500: Trading from Chart and Company's Web Site in the Client Terminal - page 4

Cobby:

i've spent weeks/months developing similar .... a little frustrated is putting it mildly...
Have you made a Suggestion via the Service Desk ?  the more people that ask for an on/off option the more likely it is to be implemented.

RaptorUK:
Have you made a Suggestion via the Service Desk ?  the more people that ask for an on/off option the more likely it is to be implemented.

i have now

Cobby:

i have now

Cobby:

i've spent weeks/months developing similar .... a little frustrated is putting it mildly...

Try this . . . Tools>Options>Charts untick Show trade levels   

Hi RaptorUK,

When I drag and drop the sl or tp I can't see these levels either on chart nor terminal window. So I can put it a circa level. Can I switch on it somewhere to visible?

Thank you. 

That is where my client's terminal, which is where my company, I don't have a company or client.

Can I suggest to move the cross to close orders on the left side of the profit.

Too easy to click by mistake because to near of the right slider

RaptorUK:
I spent 2 days last week coding an  EA to allow visual order modification,  it uses Horizontal lines or Trend lines to set the Entry (pending) and SL and TP . . .  currently it was 2 days wasted.  I'd quite like an option to disable modification of trades via the MT4 trade lines.  

I agree and will post a service desk message too.

There is  a very nasty behavior now of Mt4 when I have an active order which has no SL and no TP.

Since I use Fib tool and trendlines and other objects on the chart and sometimes have to drag them, this becomes

dangerous if I have to select such an object near the entry-level of the active order because Mt4 prefers

the entry-level .

The result is that suddenly there is a SL-level or TP-level on this active order.

It is horrible, especially when price action is near that level. Can kill the active order although I never intended

to close it there.

When it happens, I have to remove the new SL-level or TP-level manually from the order which costs time.

Best solution:  Option to disable modification of trades via the Mt4 trade lines.

Making the trade levels invisible by unchecking of  "Show trade levels" is not the solution because I want to see

the trade levels on the chart.

RaptorUK:

The problem with this type of suggestion implies that it was ok for metaquotes to force such a drastic change on users (live traders btw) without prior notice or an ON/OFF option.

You may be thinking "how would metaquotes know if a new feature would be welcomed or not?"

1) ASK (survey existing live users BEFORE implementation

2) beta test. 

3) You still wouldn't know or please everyone, which is why you would have an on/off switch by default. 

I suppose as a moderator you may be a bit biased, but as a trader with live accounts across multiple brokers, these forced updates with new and [apparently] untested features with no shut off features has had some bad consequences.   Shame on metaquotes on these recent changes.

4evermaat:

The problem with this type of suggestion implies that it was ok for metaquotes to force such a drastic change on users (live traders btw) without prior notice or an ON/OFF option.

You may be thinking "how would metaquotes know if a new feature would be welcomed or not?"

1) ASK (survey existing live users BEFORE implementation

2) beta test. 

3) You still wouldn't know or please everyone, which is why you would have an on/off switch by default. 

I suppose as a moderator you may be a bit biased, but as a trader with live accounts across multiple brokers, these forced updates with new and [apparently] untested features with no shut off features has had some bad consequences.   Shame on metaquotes on these recent changes.

I am not biased at all,  or if I am a little bit biased it is as a User just like you . . .  I'm not employed by MetaQuotes, I get no recompense whatsoever except extra headaches sometimes for being a Moderator . . .  I agree with you and I would probably go further, I would expect Metaquotes to respond here to Users,  but don't hold your breath.

I am a Moderator not for the benefit of Metaquotes but for the benefit of Users just like you.  

Reason: