Video tutorial: MetaTrader Signals Service - page 2

PCWalker:
But why, real time? is it possible to have the signal marked on the chart without placing an order?
When you subscribe to a signal, it's obviously in real time, if the provider does a trading operation, this is also done in your account. There is no "signal marked on the chart", only trading operation.
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Trade Operation Types
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Trade Operation Types
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Trade Operation Types - Documentation on MQL5

angevoyageur:
When you subscribe to a signal, it's obviously in real time, if the provider does a trading operation, this is also done in your account. There is no "signal marked on the chart", only trading operation.
So what happens when I want the signal without marking a tick on the enable real time? for what do we need the selection of enabling real time signal? Thank you.

Hi Guys very warm hello to everyone on the forum, I am interested in the signals service can someone please answer the following

How active is the signals service/

Can someone recommend a good signal?

I have 10k - is this adequate to subscribe to a signal  when the provider has 200k balance?

Many thnaks in advance 

BIGoffice:

Hi Guys very warm hello to everyone on the forum, I am interested in the signals service can someone please answer the following

How active is the signals service/

Can someone recommend a good signal?

I have 10k - is this adequate to subscribe to a signal  when the provider has 200k balance?

Many thnaks in advance 

Talking about any specific signal isn't allowed on this forum.

I seriously love this new Signal feature!! *on the way of continuous exploration of it, and oh boy am i amazed on what it does!

Great job designers + programmers to have this implemented!!:D

By the way, I am wondering if we can modify the lot sizes by a specific ratio manually? 

Example: Signal Account has USD 10,000 in his account, and Subscriber has USD 20,000.

If Signal Account trades a consistent of 1.0 lots per trade, by default the Subscriber will have an "automatic" adjustment to be trading 2.0 lots.

However, if the Subscriber is a less risk-taker and like to take a smaller trade, would the Subscriber adjust the number to a pre-defined ratio, such as 0.5, so that on the Subscriber's account, 0.5 lots is traded instead?

KuokJein:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Can you change the ratio in which a signal is subscribed to?

angevoyageur, 2014.02.04 13:31

You have only 2 ways to act on the calculated ratio :

• Increase "% of deposit used" in Signals settings.
  • Add more capital to your account.

angevoyageur:

I strongly believe that Signal Providers will earn a lot more Subscribers if there is a lot-size-ratio that the Subscribers are allowed to tweak.

This enables Subscribers who like a Signal Provider's strategy, but not necessarily its risk appetite (i.e. the lot size that he/she is trading), to make his own necessary adjustments. 

For example, say a Signal Provider has USD 10,000 in his account, but he's only trading 0.02 lots at any point in time, and hence maybe earn USD 10 per day.

A potential Subscriber might like the strategy, but sees that the lot sizes are too small and decided to give it a pass instead.

If the lot-size-ratio function is available, the subscriber can manually change the lots to his favor, and hence decide to take up this specific signal instead.

angevoyageur would this perhaps be implemented in one of the next updates for MT4/MT5? :D

KuokJein:

I strongly believe that Signal Providers will earn a lot more Subscribers if there is a lot-size-ratio that the Subscribers are allowed to tweak.

This enables Subscribers who like a Signal Provider's strategy, but not necessarily its risk appetite (i.e. the lot size that he/she is trading), to make his own necessary adjustments. 

For example, say a Signal Provider has USD 10,000 in his account, but he's only trading 0.02 lots at any point in time, and hence maybe earn USD 10 per day.

A potential Subscriber might like the strategy, but sees that the lot sizes are too small and decided to give it a pass instead.

If the lot-size-ratio function is available, the subscriber can manually change the lots to his favor, and hence decide to take up this specific signal instead.

angevoyageur would this perhaps be implemented in one of the next updates for MT4/MT5? :D

You can make this suggestion by writing to ServiceDesk.

There should be a way for people to adjust the volume size instead of doing it automatically and pretty much ruining the setup for the receivers.

AngelDx:
There should be a way for people to adjust the volume size instead of doing it automatically and pretty much ruining the setup for the receivers.

Hi,

The rules for Signals are well defined, you have to learn it before using it. As stated above you can also make suggestion to Metaquotes.

Unfortunately it's difficult to satisfy everyone.

Reason: