A virus in an EA ?

Is it possible that an EA contains a virus? or that it is programmed to make good profit on a demo account, but losses on a live account? Does anyone know if an EA can be malicious?

I have a few EAs from the internet, but they are executables only, no source code.

sorry dear i have no much idea about it .

gregadam:

Is it possible that an EA contains a virus? or that it is programmed to make good profit on a demo account, but losses on a live account? Does anyone know if an EA can be malicious?

I have a few EAs from the internet, but they are executables only, no source code.

About a malicious (virus) : this is possible if an EA use DLL, not with native mql5

About "programmed to make good profit on a demo account...", this is obviously possible but has nothing to do with a virus, rather call it a scam.

You don't need a virus to make good profit on demo account but an overfitting of history data will do that.

angevoyageur:

About a malicious (virus) : this is possible if an EA use DLL, not with native mql5

About "programmed to make good profit on a demo account...", this is obviously possible but has nothing to do with a virus, rather call it a scam.

What is the meaning of native mql5?

Rex_Loner:
What is the meaning of native mql5?
mql5 as opposed to DLL.

angevoyageur:
mql5 as opposed to DLL.
by that, you mean Class and OOP?

Rex_Loner:
No, I mean mql5 code in general.

Lol if that were possible then people would put the ea on demo account and mirror the trades to a live one to eat the alleged "good profit on demo". Please lets stop looking for excuses when we lose. You probably traded the ea differently on your live account than its session on the demo account i.e. poor money management, manual interference to its activity etc About ea being a virus yes those that have more than just mql code in them.
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Rex_Loner:
*.ex5 and not *.dll

gregadam:

Yes,  of course an ex5 can be malicious but it is limited to what it can access and therefore limited to the damage it can possibly do . . . like everything in life,  the risk is yours to judge and accept or not.  If you have any doubt don't run it.
Reason: