Malicious, scripts, indicators and expert advisors.

I am fairly new to MT4 environment.
Is it possible to infect MT4 with some virus or malicious code if one would test a code without any code examination?
What should one be careful about when testing someone else code?

mt4 has selfprotection against viruses. it check its own control number(crc) on the start. if crc is wrong then appropriate message box appears. experts, scripts and indicators (ex4-files) cannot be infected because they are p-coded not native executables

mt4 has selfprotection against viruses. it check its own control number(crc) on the start. if crc is wrong then appropriate message box appears. experts, scripts and indicators (ex4-files) cannot be infected because they are p-coded not native executables

Good!

Slawa,

I was under the impression experts can also make use of DLLs. Surely an appropriately coded expert and DLLs could inflict damage to a PC ?

Martin

dll can damage your system. there is special checkbox to allow dlls. you need to check some dll before using.

dll can damage your system. there is special checkbox to allow dlls. you need to check some dll before using.

how to check dll ?

with some antivirus program

with some antivirus program

yes was also the answer i got from our it expert from my job but even if using normal software he recomended to buy extra software for it
Reason: