If someone offered you the following, which one would you be patient enough to take - page 2

Ubzen:

tonny, I'm really.really.really not trying to fuss with you. If I understood your question then I wouldn't have asked for clarification. Unfortunately, your response did very little to explain what you mean. Therefore I'll try again.

• Is the 1_million dollars guarantee to happen within the 5_years?
  • Is the 100_thousand dollars guarantee to happen within the 5_years?
dont poll let those who understand poll then ill explain in the end dont worry

tonny: dont poll let those who understand poll then ill explain in the end dont worry
k. good luck. tonny.

Ubzen:

tonny, I'm really.really.really not trying to fuss with you. If I understood your question then I wouldn't have asked for clarification. Unfortunately, your response did very little to explain what you mean. Therefore I'll try again.

• Is the 1_million dollars guarantee to happen within the 5_years?
  • Is the 100_thousand dollars guarantee to happen within the 5_years?
If I understood well, that will happen, so I don't see why someone would take 100.000$ when he can get 1 million$.

Angevoyageur this is exactly what i wanted to expose. Most traders with their impatience end up with little and leave the bigger cake. As you can see just as i expected, majority chose 100k over a million all they want is to just see 10-20 trades a day if you give them something that trades once a week theyll down play it and remove it after just 3 days without trades nomatter what it promises annually. To those who chose 100k know that forex is about trusting a strategy and giving it time by being patient.

tonny:
Angevoyageur this is exactly what i wanted to expose. Most traders with their impatience end up with little and leave the bigger cake. As you can see just as i expected, majority chose 100k over a million all they want is to just see 10-20 trades a day if you give them something that trades once a week theyll down play it and remove it after just 3 days without trades nomatter what it promises annually. To those who chose 100k know that forex is about trusting a strategy and giving it time by being patient.
I agree and confirm this behaviour. I have see similar reaction about drawdown, some "traders" are thinking a good trader is someone who trade without drawdown and with a linear profit progression. In my opinion, the first thing to learn to become a winning trader is to accept to lose some trades.

Humm, I wonder how many people understood the question. I wonder who would make such guarantee in trading. I wonder how they would justify such guarantee based on one-trade in five-years.

Ubzen:

Humm, I wonder how many people understood the question. I wonder who would make such guarantee in trading. I wonder how they would justify such guarantee based on one-trade in five-years.

Possibly not many . . .  No signal provider would provide a guarantee of any sort.

The problem of drawdown is that if the signal provider has made 50% profit since first going live (100 --> 150) and then has 20% DD (150 --> 120) he is still up 20%,  a subscriber that just recently started following the signal is down 20% and feeling uncomfortable . . .  this is not workable for a subscriber that has an agenda of income rather than capital growth. 

RaptorUK:

Possibly not many . . .  No signal provider would provide a guarantee of any sort.

The problem of drawdown is that if the signal provider has made 50% profit since first going live (100 --> 150) and then has 20% DD (150 --> 120) he is still up 20%,  a subscriber that just recently started following the signal is down 20% and feeling uncomfortable . . .  this is not workable for a subscriber that has an agenda of income rather than capital growth. 

You are right, but this is inevitable if you want to follow a signal. This is possible to have very little drawdown, but this is not mandatory to have a good EA or manual trading system. Maybe that would be a criteria for a signal but then your choice is very thin.

I agree with both of you guys. I also think tonny's question to his credit was fair enough. Personally, I would find it very difficult to trade a signal which triggered once every 5-years on average. The top-3 paid signals (based upon subscribers) on the signals page have draw-downs. Seems to trade EurUsd only. And all of them adds to position as time goes by.

Those systems are a slap in the face towards traditional system of fixed_lot and let_profits_run. Imo, the things most contributing toward their success are 1) low-draw-down%, 2) low_spreads_EurUsd and 3) time_based_averaging. Also these systems are quite active. What'll happen to them in the future however... is anyone's guess.

Ok, I got off-track about what I really wanted to say, and that is, all systems have draw-down. Its not a matter of what but rather how-much.

Ubzen:

I agree with both of you guys. I also think tonny's question to his credit was fair enough. Personally, I would find it very difficult to trade a signal which triggered once every 5-years on average. The top-3 paid signals (based upon subscribers) on the signals page have draw-downs. Seems to trade EurUsd only. And all of them adds to position as time goes by.

Those systems are a slap in the face towards traditional system of fixed_lot and let_profits_run. Imo, the things most contributing toward their success are 1) low-draw-down%, 2) low_spreads_EurUsd and 3) time_based_averaging. Also these systems are quite active. What'll happen to them in the future however... is anyone's guess.

Ok, I got off-track about what I really wanted to say, and that is, all systems have draw-down. Its not a matter of what but rather how-much.

It would be very interesting to analyse signals publicly, but unfortunately it's difficult with the rules.
Reason: