When following a trading signal, is it necessary to have about the same amount of money as the signal provider?

Hi there everyone,

I was just wondering if it it necessary to have around the same amount of money as a traders signal for it to work well? and is it necessary to trade with the same amount of leverage as the signal provider?

I guess you wouldn't be able to trade with a higher leverage, but what about a smaller leverage?

Thanks very much for the help in advance!

same amount of money and same broker is better

I believe that is the best approach, but even more money makes it for me. This way, even if the signal at some point runs a bad notch I still can compensate with other activities and try a new service at any point.

hi everyone, what is the difference between Signal and EA at first place?

if both is able to conduct auto trading when subscribed, then what would the difference be?

thanks for your help

Hi everybody,

am think:

The different is:

EA => Is an automated algorythmus (Robot), with mostly trade only by Autopilot and not traded from a Person (personally Trader) manually.

Signal => Trade from a Trader manually and/or this Trader have an EA (Robot) too and trade full automaticly or half automaticly by this Robot (Algorythmus/EA),
Close and open positions by EA and manually too.

By both types you Need an VPS (Virtual-Privat Server Machine) => Virtueller Server, because the Programm must be open and you must stay Login the whole time, you like to trade with an EA or Signal Profil.

But the first question is very interesting: How can am controll, my amount and leverage, when am like set up my trading Signal Provider to my own Setups, with different amount and different leverage?

It´s very good that this community existing, to talk and given tipps and tricks.

Thank you for your talks and supporting´s.

Have a great time, enjoy, and have great trades => Everybody.

TraderMarco:

Hi everybody,

By both types you Need an VPS (Virtual-Privat Server Machine) => Virtueller Server, because the Programm must be open and you must stay Login the whole time, you like to trade with an EA or Signal Profil.

A VPS is not mandatory but you do need to have your PC running the MT4/MT5 Terminal switched on for it to receive signals and place trades.

Thats very interesting, so what would be to happen if you lost signal or logged off over night then the signal provider closed a trade in the eveining when you had logged off. what would be the implications of that,

would it mean my trade was still out there and if the signal provider hadnt used a stop loss this could be very dangerous??!

many thanks!

motzworkman:

Thats very interesting, so what would be to happen if you lost signal or logged off over night then the signal provider closed a trade in the eveining when you had logged off. what would be the implications of that,

would it mean my trade was still out there and if the signal provider hadnt used a stop loss this could be very dangerous??!

Of course, it could cost you some money . . . and visa versa. 
Reason: