metatrader not uninstalling - page 2

vince:

Hi, have a look at this link for the answer https://forum.mql4.com/17184#150269

basically, your profile seems to be stored in the following location and it needs to be removed: c:\users\_your_name_\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\_your_metatrader_\

I was having the same issue. Thank you for pointing that out!

It's called UAC and is implemented in Vista and Windows 7

Just open mt4 go to File->profiles->default to return it to the original or change the settings to what you want then save it as a profile(File->Profiles->Save as). Then go to File->Profiles->(name of your profile) to set it.

NoJobRob:

I was having the same issue. Thank you for pointing that out!

thanks so much i had the same problem and now it is resolved after i deleted the folder as per your suggestion.

after i reintal the MT4 the old settings no longer reappear......and indeed when i checked the mt4 folder in the link you mentioned, i can see the file size being 300mb AFTER i uninstalled the MT4 platform, meaning that the old settings is still hidden in my computer

thanks again.

Hello;

I am having a similar problem.

when I try to uninstall MT4, downloaded  from Yadix and  ITFXtrader, using control panel, I receive a message that I am not the system administrator, but my account is admin. OS is vista.

Accessing the uninstall exe doesn't work either, message - a reference was sent from the server.

I have contacted both brokers with no response.

Can you please help me out. I have three MT4 running. 

Thank you,

scroll:

Hello;

I am having a similar problem.

when I try to uninstall MT4, downloaded  from Yadix and  ITFXtrader, using control panel, I receive a message that I am not the system administrator, but my account is admin. OS is vista.

Accessing the uninstall exe doesn't work either, message - a reference was sent from the server.

I have contacted both brokers with no response.

Can you please help me out. I have three MT4 running. 

Go to Start,  find the uninstall icon for the MT4 installation in question,  right click it and "Run as Administrator"

Hi

I have also encountered the same issue.  Trying to uninstall MT4 from my Windows 7.  Tried all the methods above mentioned but nothing work.  I can't find the folder or right-click run as administrator.

It will either return me a message 'You do not have sufficient access to uninstall ......... Please contact your system administrator."  Or "A referral was returned from the server".  Not sure what this means.

Please help.  

Thanks. 

siahsc:

Hi

I have also encountered the same issue.  Trying to uninstall MT4 from my Windows 7.  Tried all the methods above mentioned but nothing work.  I can't find the folder or right-click run as administrator.

It will either return me a message 'You do not have sufficient access to uninstall ......... Please contact your system administrator."  Or "A referral was returned from the server".  Not sure what this means.

You don't need to find the folder,  you need to find the Broker's MT4 program group within Start . . . then right click on the uninstall and run as Administrator . . .

RaptorUK:

You don't need to find the folder,  you need to find the Broker's MT4 program group within Start . . . then right click on the uninstall and run as Administrator . . .

Hi

I tried to run as administrator.  It still tells me I am not.

Now, my EA running on the MT4 keeps giving the error 'cannot call function 'XJsonLoad' from dll. MT4.common.dll' error 127.

Not sure what is this and how to solve this.

Thanks. 

siahsc:

Hi

I tried to run as administrator.  It still tells me I am not.

I don't understand what that means ?   when you "Run as Administrator" you need to enter the Administrator's password . . .  more info here:  http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/11841-run-administrator.html

If this still doesn't help then you should contact the Service Desk at the mql5 forum,  you will need a mql5 user ID,  if you don't have a mql5 User ID you will need to register.  From your mql5 profile there is a link to the service Desk on the left hand side of the page. 

Reason: