Download MetaTrader 5

metatrader not uninstalling

To add comments, please log in or register
Allen144
Allen144  

When I use the uninstall feature with metatrader, then reboot, then reinstall the following happens. After I install and start metatrader my old profiles and some custom indicators are still in my files, even the last settings from my previous backtest, this leads me to beleive that I did not get a "clean" uninstall. My broker has verified that they do not save any settings on there server side.

Please advise

thank you

gordon
gordon  
samarrone:

When I use the uninstall feature with metatrader, then reboot, then reinstall the following happens. After I install and start metatrader my old profiles and some custom indicators are still in my files, even the last settings from my previous backtest, this leads me to beleive that I did not get a "clean" uninstall. My broker has verified that they do not save any settings on there server side.

Please advise

thank you

Just manually delete the installation directory before reinstalling.

Allen144
Allen144  
gordon wrote >>

Just manually delete the installation directory before reinstalling.

I am logged in as admin. I hit delete on the actual folder in c/....., it then asks permission and I accept, it then ask to continue (vista bs) so i hit continue, it proceeds but then stops and says I do not have permission.

Allen144
Allen144  
samarrone wrote >>

I am logged in as admin. I hit delete on the actual folder in c/....., it then asks permission and I accept, it then ask to continue (vista bs) so i hit continue, it proceeds but then stops and says I do not have permission.

ok worked, mt4 was open, ill try to get a real install now, will see

Allen144
Allen144  
samarrone wrote >>

ok worked, mt4 was open, ill try to get a real install now, will see

nope, same profiles / settings come up still

gordon
gordon  
samarrone:

nope, same profiles / settings come up still

Are u by accident talking about the default profiles & settings that come with MT4...? As their name implies, they are installed by default.

Allen144
Allen144  
gordon wrote >>

Are u by accident talking about the default profiles & settings that come with MT4...? As their name implies, they are installed by default.

no, my personal settings, saved trendlines, indicators, colors, ect

gordon
gordon  
samarrone:

no, my personal settings, saved trendlines, indicators, colors, ect

All profiles, settings, indicators etc. are saved in the sub-folders inside the main MT4 installation folder (usually it's in "c:\program files\metatrader - broker_name\..."). Deleting it should delete everything.

Allen144
Allen144  
gordon wrote >>

All profiles, settings, indicators etc. are saved in the sub-folders inside the main MT4 installation folder (usually it's in "c:\program files\metatrader - broker_name\..."). Deleting it should delete everything.

yes, but in my case after i delete and re-install, upon installation it pulls the settings from the previous install. This may seem unusual or I do ont know what Im doing but I've serched other forums and even asked my current programmer and no one knows whats going on. Ive been trading for over 2 years with MT4 and have never had this issue before. The only change now is I'm on a newly built PC and using vista64.

gordon
gordon  
samarrone:

yes, but in my case after i delete and re-install, upon installation it pulls the settings from the previous install. This may seem unusual or I do ont know what Im doing but I've serched other forums and even asked my current programmer and no one knows whats going on. Ive been trading for over 2 years with MT4 and have never had this issue before. The only change now is I'm on a newly built PC and using vista64.

Don't know... Sorry.

vince
vince  
gordon:

Don't know... Sorry.

Hi, have a look at this link for the answer https://forum.mql4.com/17184#150269

basically, your profile seems to be stored in the following location and it needs to be removed: c:\users\_your_name_\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\_your_metatrader_\

To add comments, please log in or register