Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service - page 77

jcabourne:
did you ever get a solution to this?

MQL maps cur symbols and even GOLD to XAUUSD, SILVER to XAGUSD.

Does provider have a cents acct with cur=USC? likely mql cant find symbol USDUSC in your market watch and cant calculate lot ratio

If provider has cur=USD or AUD or other currencies thats not cents, pls submit journal to MQL and highlight that trade/message that u received. 2 way mapping has been enabled since v700 and its better be enabled as i petitioned for it to be there and mql support staff told me its included and u can read it in the signals FAQ

I also suggest you cut+paste that section here so that I can help u further

gabri84:

Hi guys, I would like to add this signal to follow but I get this message, you tell me what it means? thank you so much

http://postimg.org/image/4zkm06yf5/

this is a warning, provider has a different vol for trades, eg he may be using cents accts whereby 1lot=1000units whilst standard/ecn acct usually has 1lot=100k u can ignore it

Also appreciate if you should include translation here as i have to read in between the lines and try to comprehend spanish

crazyhank:

Hi,

I tried to subscribe a mt4 signal arrow, but it says subscribe failed (for all payment methods), then i checked journal log, there is a error "error purchasing product [194242] - subscription prohibited", what does that mean?

I also tried other signals, everyhting is alright, only this signal has problem.

thank you very much

likely drawdown is too high and MQL has temporarily stop the subscription for new comers

Benjamin Dixon:
I'd like to know the answer too. 
YES mql will sync and partial close your trades. If your brokie does not allow partial closure, full closure will be done and another new trade opened to synch w provider

CobusAnita:
If i hire a virtual server in mql5 does it matter if i do not use the same broker as the signals provider ?
NOTHING will happen, trades will still be ongoing

Aleksey Pak:
Hello please attach a screenshot from your MT4 terminal signals tab.
Actually signal u subscribed to does appear in your mt4 trade comment portion. You should be able to view this. Is best to submit screen shot for clarity.

20174144:

hello, i have a problem

I have rented a vps from mql5 three days ago with latency 1.08ms and only signal synchronization. my signal provider have made 5 orders and closed them but it haven't been copied in my plateform. why?

I have selected all four options in signal tab.

1) were signals opened when you subscribed? that is provider already had opened trades when u subscribed

If so unless you tick to copy w/o confirmation MQL will not copy existing trades if overall trades are positive floating to subscribers at point of subscription. Ticking it will force/allow MQL to copy those trades. This is to ensure that especially if providers had profits overall if copied to subscribers, these trades can close in short time or whenever (its throwing dice nobody knows when) and subscribers who copied these trades at later point can make a lost

Eg if provider enters at $1, and had a floating profit of $20cts meaning price is now $1.20, and u copied it forcing it, if provider will to close 3secs later and price didnt change, u will likely make a loss as your price maybe at $1.21 at time of copy (also depend on broker feed/spreads), and exit at $1.20 at time of closing.

2) if signals were not opened when you subscribed pls submit journal log highlight the signals with http links as well trades on providers page and what issues u faced. To open a ticket to mql, click on your own profile, click on requests and send your ticket

20174144:
so should i rename the folder or it is not important?

EACH mt4 needs a different folder with different folder name per windows rule. Pls follow the steps below

1) create a new folder into c\programfiles\ for EACH mt4 that u intend to run side by side (parallel)

eg c\programfiles x86\mt4-1, c"\programfiles x86\mt4-2

2) Install the mt4.exe into each folder by OVERWRITING the path the exe should install to. The prompt will say path on the windows popup screen when u run the installer, OVERWRITE that path by copying the folder name refer attached image

3) RENAME shortcut:  installer will create an icon on desktop if you tick to create shortcut on desktop but it will name it eg ICMarkets, OVERWRITE this to eg ICMarkets-Acct1234 for EACH mt4. This coz each mt4 that u create will have SAME name and it wont know which is which it will ask you permission to overwrite that and u will just open the LATEST installed mt4 instead of able to open multiple SAME brokerage mt4

4) Set task bar properties: Right click on task bar, select Properties and select  the orientation of your terminals/whether to combine tabs. This is to ensure that you can view ALL your mt4 minimized on the task bar after you have open them to run in parallel

Refer properties on task bar, and taskbar properties on what/how to set this

Answer to your question: DO you need to run in parallel a few mt4? If not not impt whether u rename anythingies

20174144:
hi
what vps provider do you suggest for us? and exactly which folders do we have to upload for synchronization provider's signals?
thank you for your help.
pls pm me and skype me its easier to addr your questions as i dont quite understand what u meant by which folders u need to upload?

Sergey Golubev:
Not sorry.
Murat Karabacak:
Can be a signal provider and subscriber at the same account?
You COULD provided u r using DIFFERENT mt4 acct, one that already subs to signal and ONE that is blank new as providing signals
Reason: