Discussion of article "MetaTrader 5 on Linux" - page 2

For me I tried on Centos, the basic working is ok, but more advanced such as attaching EAs, there are still a lot of problems, for instance, not able to detect the directory where the EAs are.

Hi... I meet MT4/MT5 just now, and I have a doubt... Why using Wine instead of PURE Windows (via VMWare or another virtualization platform)??

VMWare has a FREE EDITION (VMWare Player, for Windows, Linux/UNIX e MacOS)...

It is more stable than use Wine...

You need a Windows License, but it is not a big problem...

Think in this form os distribution/suport... After all, you already offer support for Windows...

I hope I helped...

Bye...

Hi, again...

I don't know what language MT4/MT5 is writen, but if it can be ported to C++, using QT library, you can generate PURE NATIVE CODE for Windows, LINUX, McOS X and iOS/Android.

You don't need to create 3 or 4 versions of the code... You just need to compile in the desired platform.

Take a look in http://www.qt-project.org/.

I hope I helped.

Qt Project
Qt Project
  • qt-project.org
Forum, Wiki, FAQ, Groups - the official Qt community site. Here you can get started with Qt, read tutorials, find solutions to your challenges and get up to date on the latest developments.

Problem with Metatrader 4 (4.0 build 745) on Kubuntu 14.10, runnig with wine 1.6.2.

Expert Advisor Admiral - Mini Terminal doesn't work

- it shows as blank window!

on linux console the following shown...

fixme:ieframe:PersistStreamInit_InitNew (0x94bc810)

fixme:ieframe:OleObject_Advise (0x94bc810)->(0x3f25e6c, 0x3f25ec4)

fixme:ieframe:ViewObject_SetAdvise (0x94bc810)->(1 00000000 0x3f25e6c)

fixme:ieframe:ViewObject_Draw (0x94bc810)->(1 -1 (nil) (nil) (nil) 0x50048 0x3f25edc 0x3f25edc (nil) 00000000)

fixme:urlmon:URLMoniker_BindToObject use running object table

err:mshtml:HTMLDocument_Create Failed to init Gecko, returning CLASS_E_CLASSNOTAVAILABLE

fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no instance created for interface {00000000-0000-0000-c000-000000000046} of class {25336920-03f9-11cf-8fd0-00aa00686f13}, hres is 0x80040111

fixme:ieframe:handle_navigation_error Navigate to error page

Any idea to fix that???

<Removed by moderator>: All opinions are welcome here, but next time try to do it without the attitude and vitriol. That won't be tolerated here. Thank you

4Info,

Though in winehq website it say the stable version is wine 1.6 but you can use the development version of wine. I am using the latest development branch on Ubuntu 14.04LTS and metatrader 5 runs very well with it.

Just a friendly reminder to all users running MT4/MT5 with the help of Wine, you'd be safer to use the /portable mode.

In that mode, all data is saved in the working directory, nothing left in the virtual registry...

At least in case of upgrading Wine, you don't need to backup the whole .wine folder, just need to backup the MT4 working directory.

Hello!

Does anyone know why the installer asks me for proxy server information?
I get this request when the installer is still at the “select best access point” part.

I installed Opera and was able to access internet, so it should not be a global problem…

wine-1.7.41 on Archlinux

Thanks!

How to enable mql5.com website to open links like suscribe to signals, or download things to wine MT4? 

It works great Ubuntu14.04 64b, except for that function. example : 

Failed to open URI 

MT5 starts in wine but self update results in infinite crash/restart loop... 
Files:
mt5-crash.txt  13 kb
Reason: