Discussion of article "MetaTrader 5 on Linux" - page 6

Danilo Alculete
Danilo Alculete  
There is a way to pack windows apps on linux. Maybe this could be implemented https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/call-for-testing-snap-windows-apps-with-sommelier-core/18728
Call for testing: snap Windows apps with sommelier-core
  • galgalesh
  • forum.snapcraft.io
is an attempt to create a universal script for snapping Windows applications. It merges the original sommelier script from @Wimpress, @popey and @daniel with the work @mmtrt is doing to create platform snaps for Wine. The goal of this script is that “everything just works”. Please test it out and let me know if you find any issues. Uses Wine...
Marco vd Heijden
Danilo Alculete:
Maybe this could be implemented 

I hope not.

I don't like snap at all.
Muhammad Syamil Bin Abdullah
Danilo Alculete:
There is a way to pack windows apps on linux. Maybe this could be implemented https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/call-for-testing-snap-windows-apps-with-sommelier-core/18728

How about flatpak?  

shasl
shasl  

Hello everyone, 

Do you have any idea how I can fix the proxy problem?

I have ubuntu18.043.5 LTS 64bit

Cristian Eriksson

Here's a little guide on how to install metatrader on different distributions. Feel free to add to the list.

Arch 5.16.0+ (Wine 7):

sudo pacman -S wine  // Installs wine

sudo pacman -S lib32-gnutls  // Installes libarry to prevent proxy question

cd Downloads

wine64 icmarketssc5setup.exe  // Or whatever your metatrader installer file is called

Ubuntu 20.04+ / Mint 20.1+ / Popos 20.04+ / ZorinOs 16+:

sudo apt install wine // Installs older stable wine.

cd Downloads

wine64 icmarketssc5setup.exe  // Or whatever your metatrader installer file is called

Fedora 35+:

sudo dnf install wine

cd Downloads

In case of missing wine32u.dll or similar. The few missing dlls are located in another place in the /home/.wine folder.

Because not all the missing dll's are actually required, getting the first one(s?) will fix the rest.

Copy them one by one into the .wine/drive_c/windows/syswow64/ folder until it works. (mark show hidden files to see .wine directory in home folder)