Examples: Running MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal on Linux-Desktop

New article Running MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal on Linux-Desktop has been published:

Description of a step-by-step Linux-desktop setup using a non-emulator wine for running MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal on it.

Author: Bazilevich Vadim

Thank you for informative article :)

A question for you please, Since you have written article new Linux distributions/versions have been built. I was thinking of using Ubuntu latest desktop version as of 9apr2008

Do you believe your article is relevant to latest distributions?

Thank you again for article...

I`m running MT4 under Ubuntu/Wine, i am unable to change any Indicator variable values, i need to compile them within MetaEditor prior or it won`t be editable later on. Cannot change properties of an object such as fibo retracement tool neither. Any work around? I`m back to XP just because of that.

I'm running Terminal under Fedora, and on the wineHQ site it have been told to use a windows version of comctl32.dll regarding of you wine "version". So if you use wine as "Windows XP" version you have to use a Windows XP version of comctl32.dll.

Regards.

ukt:

Thank you for informative article :)

A question for you please, Since you have written article new Linux distributions/versions have been built. I was thinking of using Ubuntu latest desktop version as of 9apr2008

Do you believe your article is relevant to latest distributions?

Thank you again for article...

I would love to know that too. I just installed the new Ubuntu 9.04 and I'm very pleased to run all the apps from before, the only one left is MT4.

I have MT4 225 working on FreeBSD 7.2 with wine.  MFC42 dll did the trick.

Hi

i have a question:

WHat i must do for a vServer with linux ??

I have then the root rights but what i must do for using this with a cheap Linux vServer??

Thanks for all answers

why doesn't metaquotes provide linux and mac builds of metatrader?

I don't really understand it. These days it getting harder and harder to even find development tools/toolkits/frameworks that are not cross platform.

Hello,

Which version of the MFC42.DLL you talking about?

because I copied the dirver from windows 7 and appear the following

cannot find 'MFC42.DLL', Please re-install this application

I need to know if any can help me

I use centos 5.4

Regards.

I installed all that but I can't get MT4 to launch. Help?

Test it by virtual machine.
dgaray:

Hello,

Which version of the MFC42.DLL you talking about?

because I copied the dirver from windows 7 and appear the following

cannot find 'MFC42.DLL', Please re-install this application

I need to know if any can help me

I use centos 5.4

Regards.

Try to get help on WineHQ forum, http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=2893

or just use winetricksk.

Wine Users report bugs.

Reason: