Second Chart the Time Frame in Seconds
Second Chart indicator for MetaTrader 4
It is possible to create second charts using this indicator. The data is sampled based on the same principle as during the plotting the standard MetaTrader 4 charts, but with one-second period. Second period can be adjusted in the range of 1-59 sec., by changing the value of the "Seconds" parameter. You can apply indicators, Expert Advisors and scripts to the resulting chart. You get a fully functional chart on which you can work just as well as on a regular chart.
The indicator accumulates history during its operation, which can be reset (deletes the accumulated history) if necessary, this can be useful when forming a chart with a different value of the seconds period. To perform the reset you must delete the global variable with the name corresponding to the trading instrument. The terminal has a special window for controlling global variables. To call it, execute the "Tools — Global Variables" command or press the F3 key.
At the same time the data is updated synchronously with the basic chart with no delays.
You can simultaneously create several charts.
- Seconds — timeframe in seconds.
- Chart — timeframe for a chart opened in a separate window. In case you are going to work with a single chart for the currency pair, the timeframe is irrelevant. Timeframe does not affect the calculations during the chart creation. This setup is created to open several charts for the same currency pair, but with different settings. In such case, different timeframes for each chart (for example, M2, M3, M4) should be set. You also need to set different timeframes when simultaneously running the Second Chart indicator and other tools that generate a synthetic chart on the same currency pair.
- Open the "Navigator" window.
- Drag the indicator on the desired chart (any timeframe).
- Open the resulting chart by clicking the corresponding Open Chart button.
2. Added the ability to create multiple second charts simultaneously.