Download MetaTrader 5

MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 881

To post a new topic, please log in or register
,,I have downloaded some stock histories,,,I can open them offline without any problem however I would like to backtest them therefore I need to use strategy tester. my problem starts at this point,,,in metatrader on symbol box there are just some currencies but I want to see there stock histories...
I still need to find out how to add more 'OffLine Charts' to new installations of MT4. Some of them (mysteriously) add more as time goes on, but I have no idea how. I've looked for and tried to find out how to do this manually, but with no luck so far.
I am the author of this EA, which is now released free for everybody. Please enjoy. The EA works on EURUSD. You can use it on any timeframe because everything is hard coded. Since the EA collects data from different timeframes, backtesting can be slow. Please have some patience. Attached is a chart...
I currently have several MT4 installations, several from one broker and a couple of other brokers for testing purposes. I want to uninstall the unused terminals, but running uninstall, regardless of which directory it is run from, removes only the first installation. i.e. Running uninstall from my...
Wrote this EA as learning exercise - would need refining in the file already open and file alrady exists error code department but for now serves a simple and hopfully useful purpose. Perhaps if a Moderator thinks it worthy of being added to the code base they could do so as I am not confident...
Part of my EA looks like this. int start(){   static datetime t;if(t!=Time[0])   {      t=Time[0];            //My code goes here...      if(Volume[0]>1){Print(" Invalid tick volume. ");return;}      //My code goes here...      return(0);   }   return(0);} If I run it as it is, IT DOES NOTHING....
Hi, 2 of my mt4s asked me to upgrade and so I did. 2 other mt4s doesnt ask me to upgrade. How do I force my MT4 to check for the new version?
Do anybody who known FANN2MQL Neural Network could help me? I wrote indicator but is reprinted. I will be greatfull if anybody help me. Pls quote me on mail gaa1@poczta.fm P.S. I load neural network form file and I check shift in table for two weeks.
Hello, I've just started using my demo account and although the trade is noted directly on the chart itself, I can't work out how to see the record of those trades and how they are doin in a separate spreadsheet or window. I've tried the Help menu, but still can't find out how to see them. is it...
I've recently started learning MQL4, and I have a couple of doubts, which may be considered as stupid doubts by the professional programmers out there..but I'm an amateur and need your help. How to place a market order (Buy or Sell) without a Stop Loss/Take Profit level?? Even if I want to place an...
I have another interesting project. My first assumption was to run it as an EA, but due to the nature of it, I think a script may be a better way to fire off this action. Assumptions: A CSV file exists that contains rows of data, the data is in this format: buy/sell, symbol, entry point, initial...
I moved from prejudice to metastock metatrader to know the basic concepts of short metatrader, but does anyone know how to post the following rules: CYCLE: 20 period moving average - Moving Average 60 periods; SPEED: Cycle - bar the previous cycle (cycle-ref (cycle -1); MEDIUM SPEED: moving average...
Does any one know how to insert MCX, NCDEX symbols into windsor4. Please help
  What is "scale fix"? (13   1 2)
On the common tab of the property's for a chart there is an option of "Scale fix One to One". One what to one what?
hi, any coder, hope can have your help to code the below EA: Description: 1) EA will open ONE ORDER ONLY with 1 lot OP_BUY at marker price with TP = 20pips. 2) Once TP is hit, EA WILL THEN ONLY open new pending order OP_BUYLIMIT at 20 pips below current market price with TP = 20pips. 3) And this...
Pls assist me on how to develop and utillize an EA that is capable of plotting 9pivot points based on previous day OHLC values.
Dear community, After publishing couple of times, here I am asking for a suggestion! :-) I am working on an indicator based on the ZigZag, but in order to draw some nice rectangles, I should need the time at wich the maximum/minimum has been created. I am able to get the ZigZag values through this...
Hi, I'm building an expert Advisor and I would like to enter only once on a sell and only one on a buy. How do I have to do? Thanks
I can compile an EA no problem, until I make even the slightest change, like changing a digit, and then I can neither save or compile it and get the error "Access Denied". It is very strange because I can make a change and compile it on the Interbank platform but not on the CMS or Forex.com...
Is it possible to put 3 symbols on one chart or possibly place 3 symbol feeds on an indicator I can place on a chart? OR just be able to put 3 symbols on a single indicator?
Sometimes I work with text objects in the chart, for example in one of my EAs i have a text object that i can move around with the mouse and it will give me a profit estimation based on the position of the text object and write the result of the calculation into the text object. This involves using...
get me at yemidotnet@yahoo.com
Hi, I did not find to code for Stochatic crossing levels.e.g.: The BUY signal (Long): 1. Stochastic 120,3,3 moves/cross up or equal or above to Level(line) 85 - (this should be first signal for buying) and 2. Stochastic 15,3,3 moves/cross below or equal or below to Level(Line) 40 -(this is the final...
hi, here i would like to present you my newest idea. i developed a few EA's and scripts for a friend. normaly i have nothing to do with trading. trought this work i came in contact with forex and it intressts me ;) not only the possible profit, but the process of developement/testing. as many...
Hi, I'm trying to run multiple metatrader terminals installed to separate directories, but when i run the second one a window pops up with the following information: There has been a critical error Time : 2010.04.09 10:59 Program : Client Terminal Version : 4.00 (build: 226, 24 Mar...
i have an Ea that places two orders at thesame time. What i want it to be doing is that if it close s one out of them with stoplosss i want it to close the remaing one when the equity is more than the initial one before it place order. I only need the formula for it .thanks
Please help me make a script auto insert stoploss after i entry buy/sell oder.... MNTKS&BRGDS
  Script help (2)
In MT4 there is under Scripts the "send_pending" script. Right now the script makes a pending order 10 pips from the current price. I need this script to be changed to be able to find out the high and the low of the current bar and then place one pending order 2 pips above the high of the bar and...
Hey, is it possible to code an EA that enters a trade when another EA sends an alert? The EA has only an alert through a pop-up window, but doesn't open orders automatically. Since I only have the ex4 file I'd need an EA that recognizes the alert message and opens an order accordingly.
Hello, I can't seem to figure out the search feature syntax for the web site.