trading signals question

I was wondering if you subscribe to a signal and you account doesent hae the same funds will it still trade

I ask cause I subscribe to a signal set it up on my trading platform I allocate half of my funds at 5 % 3 pip slippage but no trades the service traded  

Thanks for any advise 

No idea sorry.
I hope - I will make some signals and will be professional wth this subject. But for now - sorry :)

I think - someone may reply.
I can not help for now sorry.

tropheus:

I was wondering if you subscribe to a signal and you account doesent hae the same funds will it still trade

I ask cause I subscribe to a signal set it up on my trading platform I allocate half of my funds at 5 % 3 pip slippage but no trades the service traded  

Thanks for any advise 

Actually, it will still trade, but how much is your leverage ? and what the MT journal log (Ctrl + T > journal tab) says ?

Thanks fxyekim it seems that I have to change my leverage

thanks to newdigital and fxyekim for replying 

phi.nuts:
Actually, it will still trade, but how much is your leverage ? and what the MT journal log (Ctrl + T > journal tab) says ?

Hello phi.nuts:

my leverage is 100-1

login

previous successful authorization performed from 213.52.159.81
 Signal - 'A Agea jupz23' for 'tropheus' subscription found, 2013.01.31 expiration, enabled
Signal - money management: use 5% of deposit, equity limit: 100.00 USD, deviation/slippage: 3.0 spreads, copy SL/TP: enabled
 Credits: activated for 'tropheus', balance: 2.00

equity limit is that the amount of money it uses to trade or when drawdown goes to that amount it will close all trades

thanks for the reply tropheus 

tropheus:

Hello phi.nuts:

my leverage is 100-1

login

previous successful authorization performed from 213.52.159.81
 Signal - 'A Agea jupz23' for 'tropheus' subscription found, 2013.01.31 expiration, enabled
Signal - money management: use 5% of deposit, equity limit: 100.00 USD, deviation/slippage: 3.0 spreads, copy SL/TP: enabled
 Credits: activated for 'tropheus', balance: 2.00

equity limit is that the amount of money it uses to trade or when drawdown goes to that amount it will close all trades

thanks for the reply tropheus 

Aha, now you're talking ;).  Let me show you how to calculate the cost to open a position, and it's called required margin.

Say the price of EURUSD is 1.23456, and your broker use standard lot, which mean 1 lot is equal with 100.000 units.

So if you want to buy 1 lot EURUSD, it means you want to buy 100.000 units of EURUSD. Since the price of EURUSD is 1.23456 (per unit), it means you have to buy at this price :

100.000 units * 1.23456 = US$ 123,456.-- 

However, since you have leverage of 1:100, for 1 lot you only have to pay :

US$ 123.456 : 100 = US$ 1234.56,-- 

If you have 1:500 leverage, then for 1 lot you only have to pay :

US$ 123.456 : 500 = US$ 246.91,-- 

There you have it, so do the math :)

Better yet, ask your broker how many unit they set 1 lot is and ask them how much the cost to open 1 lot EURUSD, beside asking the possibility to have higher leverage. Good broker always reply - especially to email.  

fxyekim. From this case, I think fixed or factoring is acceptable lot as long as it's not more than what signal provider has. I'll talk more in here Signal : Ask & Say Anything & Everything About MQL5 Trading Signal page6#comment_398307 ... later :)

thanks for the reply but for some reason I setup on my way I live account everything is setup okay but doesn't seem to take any trades and my leverage is the 100  1 what is the meta trader 4 will that work or not

tropheus:
thanks for the reply but for some reason I setup on my way I live account everything is setup okay but doesn't seem to take any trades and my leverage is the 100  1 what is the meta trader 4 will that work or not

Ups, apparently I missed how mql signal calculate lot for subscriber (see below). Here's from the link that user fzyekim gave earlier. I think you have to calculate your self or ask Service Desk about this :(

Assume that the Subscriber's balance comprises 8 000 EUR, the allowable load is - 50% and the Provider's balance is 10 000 USD. The current EURUSD rate is 1.20000. If the Provider performs a deal with the volume of 1 lot, the same deal is performed on the Subscriber's account with the volume of 0.48 lots. Subscriber's balance comprises 4 000 EUR or 4 800 USD considering allowable load. Therefore, the volume ration will comprise 4 800 / 10 000 = 0.48.

After the balances have been considered, Subscriber's and Provider's leverages are also taken into account. Their ratio is also calculated and multiplied by the volume obtained after consideration of balances' ratio. Assume that Subscriber's leverage is 1:100, while Provider's one is 1:200. Their ratio is equal to 0.5. The total trading operation volume on Subscriber's account will comprise 0.48 * 0.5 = 0.24. 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Trade Operation Types
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Trade Operation Types
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Trade Operation Types - Documentation on MQL5

phi.nuts:

Ups, apparently I missed how mql signal calculate lot for subscriber (see below). Here's from the link that user fzyekim gave earlier. I think you have to calculate your self or ask Service Desk about this :(

Assume that the Subscriber's balance comprises 8 000 EUR, the allowable load is - 50% and the Provider's balance is 10 000 USD. The current EURUSD rate is 1.20000. If the Provider performs a deal with the volume of 1 lot, the same deal is performed on the Subscriber's account with the volume of 0.48 lots. Subscriber's balance comprises 4 000 EUR or 4 800 USD considering allowable load. Therefore, the volume ration will comprise 4 800 / 10 000 = 0.48.

After the balances have been considered, Subscriber's and Provider's leverages are also taken into account. Their ratio is also calculated and multiplied by the volume obtained after consideration of balances' ratio. Assume that Subscriber's leverage is 1:100, while Provider's one is 1:200. Their ratio is equal to 0.5. The total trading operation volume on Subscriber's account will comprise 0.48 * 0.5 = 0.24. 

okay thanks i will just do fixed lots now or set the lowest ratio but if i subscribed how come iam not getting any trades

Thanks tropheus 

tropheus:

okay thanks i will just do fixed lots now or set the lowest ratio but if i subscribed how come iam not getting any trades

Thanks tropheus 

I forgot to ask this question :

1. What build your MT ?. You should use latest build 451 - New Version of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 451  

2. Try it on demo account with - say $ 10.000 demo money, same leverage with yours. Later, open a new demo with same money and leverage with yours. Say if you deposit $ 357.-, then open a demo with $ 357. It's very easy to do this,

When open a new demo account, just type $ 357 in "Deposit" field, and your broker will open a demo account with $ 357 demo money.

See if this works on demo.

New Version of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 451 - MQL4 forum
  • www.mql5.com
New Version of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 451 - MQL4 forum
Reason: