ATC 2012 Participants : Your Thoughts

Come, let share your thoughts on how your EA performs.

Out of so many participants, 124 out of 447 balance is > $10,000. 28.41% of the participants EA is making money. Are the rest of the EA being over optimised (curve fitting)?

I'm surprise that my EA works as back-tested and would work more on it. Basically I feel that the strategy is very important.

Hi doushr

I think .

1.The new market is not like previous years.(The previous market  was trend.)

2.We just can not afford to trust backtest.

3. In the real Market client was disconnected to broker and some order was rejected.

4 .Multicurrency  better only one currency trade.

kourosh1347:

Hi doushr

I think .

1.The new market is not like previous years.(The previous market  was trend.)

2.We just can not afford to trust backtest.

3. In the real Market client was disconnected to broker and some order was rejected.

1.The new market is not like previous years.(The previous market  was trend.)

I agree that the market is always changing

2.We just can not afford to trust backtest.

Not so agree on this. I find that the past history can show how good the strategy is.

To some certain extent. 

Definitively the risk is lower compared to trading only 1 currency.

How is your EA performing in the ATC 2012? 

doshur:

1.The new market is not like previous years.(The previous market  was trend.)

I agree that the market is always changing

Not so agree on this. I find that the past history can show how good the strategy is.

To some certain extent. 

How is your EA performing in the ATC 2012? 

hi again

Yes.We must used backtest but finally use forwardtest

Yes. We must basket of exchange traded.

Yes I have profit . Unfortunately My program  did not work properly due to rejected close by broker

2012.12.11 12:46:29 > Executed: [SellOrder]
2012.12.11 12:46:29 > Executed: [SellOrder]
2012.12.11 12:46:29 > Executed: [BuyOrder]
2012.12.11 11:36:16 > Executed: [SellOrder]
2012.12.11 11:36:16 > Executed: [BuyOrder]
2012.12.11 09:41:41 Function: ClosePosition Error: 10006 rejected
2012.12.11 09:41:41 Function: ClosePosition Error: 10006 rejected
2012.12.11 09:41:41 > Executed: [ClosePosition]

28.41% of the participants EA is making money. Are the rest of the EA being over optimised (curve fitting)?

That they did not take ATC seriously ?

kourosh1347:

Yes I have profit . Unfortunately My program  did not work properly due to rejected close by broker 

2012.12.11 12:46:29> Executed: [SellOrder]
2012.12.11 12:46:29> Executed: [SellOrder]
2012.12.11 12:46:29> Executed: [BuyOrder]
2012.12.11 11:36:16> Executed: [SellOrder]
2012.12.11 11:36:16> Executed: [BuyOrder]
2012.12.11 09:41:41Function: ClosePosition Error: 10006 rejected
2012.12.11 09:41:41Function: ClosePosition Error: 10006 rejected
2012.12.11 09:41:41> Executed: [ClosePosition]

Your program did not work properly NOT because some broker action. Your program does not work properly because your program might create unnecessary error and then does not work around to solve that error. Its better to avoid some error and even if you have an error, do something about it.

Your log shows that when you tried to close position, you had trade rejected error 10006, twice. Yet at the same minute, at later second, you finally close that position. 

Looks like you only check for error from  Trade Server . You should also check for other error as well, like Runtime errorsand then make an adjustment to your order send. What GetLastError() that you got when your trade had rejected error 10006. 

phi.nuts:

That they did not take ATC seriously ?

Your program did not work properly NOT because some broker action. Your program does not work properly because your program might create unnecessary error and then does not work around to solve that error. Its better to avoid some error and even if you have an error, do something about it.

Your log shows that when you tried to close position, you had trade rejected error 10006, twice. Yet at the same minute, at later second, you finally close that position. 

Looks like you only check for error from  Trade Server . You should also check for other error as well, like Runtime errorsand then make an adjustment to your order send. What GetLastError() that you got when your trade had rejected error 10006. 

Hi again phi.nuts :)

and Thnx for reply

I known why this rejected and corrected in new version .But on backtest is not return this code . 

and I recommend  read this page

https://championship.mql5.com/2012/en/news/202

Statistical Report #2 - Automated Trading Championship 2012
  • championship.mql5.com
The last hours of the Automated Trading Championship 2012 are coming to an end. Soon, we will find out who will share the prize fund of $80 000. In the meanwhile, let's recall the first two months of the competition and make analysis in our traditional Statistical Report #2.

My EA Blue Frog is performing a bit better in the ATC than it did in backtest. Still, I think it has a too large drawdown to be used in real money accounts without further development.

rubencouto:

My EA Blue Frog is performing a bit better in the ATC than it did in backtest. Still, I think it has a too large drawdown to be used in real money accounts without further development.

is the drawdown due to your strategy? in return u got no losing trade...

kourosh1347:

Hi again phi.nuts :)

and Thnx for reply

I known why this rejected and corrected in new version .But on backtest is not return this code . 

and I recommend  read this page

https://championship.mql5.com/2012/en/news/202

The article is not important. So can you answer this :

phi.nuts:

... What GetLastError() that you got when your trade had rejected error 10006. 

Over optimization is the enemy of EA, not friend.

Position 35 for my EA
Reason: