Discussion of article "The checks a trading robot must pass before publication in the Market" - page 6

@Thato Abbie Sima #: hello everyone. i have a problem with my EA passing validation stage. it trades forex and the default lot size is 0.01. i have been trading with it for quiet some time on both live and demo and is very good. but now it is failing validation and the message i get is that log files size exceeded 2045 mb, test terminated and also there is a message of invalid volume though the default is set at 0.01 and number of open positions at any one point is set to always be 4. i cannot get why it failed the validation.. 

Don't assume that 0.01 is the minimum volume. During the validation tests that minimum value is different on certain symbols tested.

Read and apply the instructions of this article, especially the section — Invalid volumes in trade operations.

Regarding the log size, read the following ...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MT4 strategy tester fills up my computer's hard disk like crazy !!!

Fernando Carreiro, 2017.01.21 12:35

1. You are probably outputting too much "debug" Print statements to your logs
  2. You have too many Order modifications being made on every single tick (which is bad coding)
  3. You are using constant placement and deleting of pending orders (also not good coding)
  4. It is a scalper with many trades per minute which fills up the logs

Do any of these reasons come to mind?

Hello,

I write EA working only on EURUSD,

Automatic validation show bellow message

test on EURUSD,H1 (hedging) strategy tester report 2 total trades test on XAUUSD,D1 (hedging) log files size exceeded 2062 MB, test terminated

Is possible validation only on EURUSD pair ? 

@Roman Andrzej Kaminski #: I write EA working only on EURUSD, Automatic validation show bellow message. test on EURUSD,H1 (hedging) strategy tester report 2 total trades test on XAUUSD,D1 (hedging) log files size exceeded 2062 MB, test terminated. Is possible validation only on EURUSD pair ? 

Your EA must be able to trade on all symbols and all time-frames. There must be no limitations.

To reduce your log size, consider ...

• Reducing the number of "prints" statements to the log output
  • Using a trailing-step or time-step instead of continuous trailing stops.
  • Don't continuously create and delete pending orders. Consider using "virtual" pending orders.

Hi hos are you :) if someone can help me  its my first time to try to send my ea on the market and i take a error validation , and i dont know what can i do pleae help me thank you very much have a good day all 

Charly Camille Alain Makhlouf #: Hi hos are you :) if someone can help me  its my first time to try to send my ea on the market and i take a error validation , and i dont know what can i do pleae help me thank you very much have a good day all 

Start by reading the main article for which this discussion exists. Then read this entire discussion thread.

Apply to your code, the many points outlined in the article and this thread.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Start by reading the main article for which this discussion exists. Then read this entire discussion thread.

Apply to your code, the many points outlined in the article and this thread.

thanks to reply me i  have  but not works too not i get other 

test on EURUSD,H1 (hedging) strategy tester report 34 total trades test on XAUUSD,D1 (hedging) 2020.03.24 01:05:00 position stop out triggered at -160.69% [#2 sell 0.2 XAUUSD 1490.20 sl: 1735.84 tp: 1244.56] stop out occurred on 34% of testing interval strategy tester report 1 total trades

its ea with multiple strategy  can choose  and many sl and tp strat can be  choose too i dont know hat is problem 

@Charly Camille Alain Makhlouf #: thanks to reply me i  have  but not works too not i get other test on EURUSD,H1 (hedging) strategy tester report 34 total trades test on XAUUSD,D1 (hedging) 2020.03.24 01:05:00 position stop out triggered at -160.69% [#2 sell 0.2 XAUUSD 1490.20 sl: 1735.84 tp: 1244.56] stop out occurred on 34% of testing interval strategy tester report 1 total trades its ea with multiple strategy  can choose  and many sl and tp strat can be  choose too i dont know hat is problem 

Your EA is not managing margin properly, nor the overall batch risk. You are most probably not even checking the contract specifications for margin requirements, margin call and stop-out limits.

You need to fix your code and do proper margin control and overall batch risk management.

Fernando Carreiro #:

No! The EA must trade. If it does not, then it is not an EA.

If it is only calculating and displaying support and resistance lines, then it is an Indicator and needs to be coded as such using OnCalculate() instead of OnTick().

You can sell both on the market. Make this one a true indicator and sell it as an indicator. Then in the future publish the EA for it separately.

If you are using WebRequest, then it must be an EA.  I have an EA that I use to download and process data, but it does not perform any trading operations.  So I could never put it in the market because it does not trade, even though I am forced to write it as an EA?  

From the MQL4 documentation on WebRequest:

The function can only be called from Expert Advisors and scripts, as they run in their own execution threads.  If you try to call the function from an indicator, GetLastError() will return error 4060 - "Function is not allowed for call".

I have several EAs that I have written that provide a kind of dashboard of open trades and provide options for the user to close trades, do partial closes, etc.  So they must be EAs.  But they do not trade on their own, they are not automated trading strategies.  The definition of an EA for the purpose of validating in the market is so narrow that I could never make these available, even though they are working correctly.  It is not true that an EA must trade to be an EA.  It is true that it must be an EA to call order execution functions and WebRequest, but those do not mean it automatically trades.  

Or is there a process to have these reviewed that does not depend upon them automated trading?  How could an EA that implements WebRequest but does not trade pass validation?

D Armond Lee Speers #:

If you are using WebRequest, then it must be an EA.  I have an EA that I use to download and process data, but it does not perform any trading operations.  So I could never put it in the market because it does not trade, even though I am forced to write it as an EA?  

From the MQL4 documentation on WebRequest:

I have several EAs that I have written that provide a kind of dashboard of open trades and provide options for the user to close trades, do partial closes, etc.  So they must be EAs.  But they do not trade on their own, they are not automated trading strategies.  The definition of an EA for the purpose of validating in the market is so narrow that I could never make these available, even though they are working correctly.  It is not true that an EA must trade to be an EA.  It is true that it must be an EA to call order execution functions and WebRequest, but those do not mean it automatically trades.  

Or is there a process to have these reviewed that does not depend upon them automated trading?  How could an EA that implements WebRequest but does not trade pass validation?

Of course you can publish not trading EAs on the Market. Just choose the correct type and category.

@D Armond Lee Speers #If you are using WebRequest, then it must be an EA.  I have an EA that I use to download and process data, but it does not perform any trading operations.  So I could never put it in the market because it does not trade, even though I am forced to write it as an EA?  

Then classify it as an "Utility" instead of an EA.

Reason: