MT5 to replace MT4?

Dear all,

I'm not a systems ingeneer, I don't know C++ or whatever knowledge might be needed to develop an EA on MT5.

I've done many EAs on MT4 because it is very intuitive, learning the programing by my own and asking tons of questions, insctructions are easy to learn and to put into practice.

I'm concern of that in the near future, brokers could replace the MT4 platform for the MT5. If that's the case  I wonder how easy or hard could it be for the average Joe to learn the new language. Is that going to happen? I do understand that is a natural law, the newer steps on the older.

Any insights from anybody that as myself, is a self learning developer? Other insights are appreciated as well. Thanks. 

pabloschiki posted  :

Dear all,

I'm not a systems ingeneer, I don't know C++ or whatever knowledge might be needed to develop an EA on MT5.

I've done many EAs on MT4 because it is very intuitive, learning the programing by my own and asking tons of questions, insctructions are easy to learn and to put into practice.

I'm concern of that in the near future, brokers could replace the MT4 platform for the MT5. If that's the case  I wonder how easy or hard could it be for the average Joe to learn the new language. Is that going to happen? I do understand that is a natural law, the newer steps on the older.

Any insights from anybody that as myself, is a self learning developer? Other insights are appreciated as well. Thanks. 

Hi!

It is not that tough to learn C++. I have learnt a lot based on the examples in the indicators and scripts folder, as well as the help file.

I believe you will take it up very fast, and perhaps like MT5 even more than MT4 because there can be better organization of the codes. 

sgfxtrader:

Hi!

It is not that tough to learn C++. I have learnt a lot based on the examples in the indicators and scripts folder, as well as the help file.

I believe you will take it up very fast, and perhaps like MT5 even more than MT4 because there can be better organization of the codes. 

pabloschiki has a good point mql4 is very INTUITIVE, It has drawn me to coding / programming. mql4 was my first programming language and only after it I developed interest to
learning other language like VB, html, Javascript, ruby, C++.

I keen on learning mql5, don't get me wrong, but MetaQuotes may have given away its greatest selling point in capturing the greatest market. Most traders are not programmer.
And they are at the base of the users market pyramid.

They created more jobs for Developers.

It has many new features and MQL4 is the only programming language I know.I

I'm having a difficult time in learning MQL5, it is much more difficult than MQL4

Even in the tutorial there are too many technical terms which maybe regarded by programmers as common sense, but I could hardly understand as an outsider.

arnab:
They created more jobs for Developers.

Hi,

I agree... time will tell if MetaQuotes took it for the better. I personally prefer best of both worlds. This is a longshot-overly-simplified suggestion... but perhaps

If mql5 is capable of handling more complex events and processes, why not 'mask' mql5 as mql4 and create in mql5 something like preprocessor #property_language mql4.

pabloschiki posted  :

Dear all,

actually, i can see that MT5 ST is quicker than mt4, however the veracity of mt4 ST is higher than mt5, it sacrifice veracity to swap with backtest speed, which is meaningless to the backtest result

ok I was / am a newbeeee and I purchased FAPturbo  EA that ran/runs on MT4 I was just getting going on demo account not even registered for live account when MT5 popped up and I of course as a newbee downloaded it and see that it has NO EA's but I seem to be able to function or understand MT5's platform much better than MT4. now MT4 has a few good features better than MT5 but still yet I have made more profit trades with MT5 without an EA than with MT4 and my $100++ EA purchase of FAPturbo which by the way I have had for over 1 month and it is installed into MT4 platform but has made no trades for me due to no active live account.   so here's my need to know::: your only allowed to register and use FAPturbo in one trading platform i9f you want to run it in another you must purchase another license to do so so seeing how I have full rights to my purchased FAPturbo EA that is not active in/on MT4-- can I/how do I /is it even possible to move my EA FAPturbo onto MT5 and if I am able to do so then please someone with the know how instruct me so I can utilize my EA on MT5 with little complications or mistakes.      last request     has anyone out there had experience with FAPturbo 57 0r earlier versions and with myfxchoice    myfxchoice.com .     Fapturbo is an.ex4 file not executable by windows it is a script plugin for MT4 , if MT4 and MT5 are one in the same by metaquotes software corp. shouldn't  I be able to do this

thank you for any help and advise on this issue. and I look forward to conversing with you on this forum for years to come for this trading is vastly complicated but mind challenging and I see potential for moderate profits as time goes by enough hopefully to retire in comfort  that or I'll loooosee my arse off give or take a few in debt US dollars.. happy trading 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

zymis:

ok I was / am a newbeeee and I purchased FAPturbo  EA that ran/runs on MT4 I was just getting going on demo account not even registered for live account when MT5 popped up and I of course as a newbee downloaded it and see that it has NO EA's but I seem to be able to function or understand MT5's platform much better than MT4. now MT4 has a few good features better than MT5 but still yet I have made more profit trades with MT5 without an EA than with MT4 and my $100++ EA purchase of FAPturbo which by the way I have had for over 1 month and it is installed into MT4 platform but has made no trades for me due to no active live account.   so here's my need to know::: your only allowed to register and use FAPturbo in one trading platform i9f you want to run it in another you must purchase another license to do so so seeing how I have full rights to my purchased FAPturbo EA that is not active in/on MT4-- can I/how do I /is it even possible to move my EA FAPturbo onto MT5 and if I am able to do so then please someone with the know how instruct me so I can utilize my EA on MT5 with little complications or mistakes.      last request     has anyone out there had experience with FAPturbo 57 0r earlier versions and with myfxchoice    myfxchoice.com .     Fapturbo is an.ex4 file not executable by windows it is a script plugin for MT4 , if MT4 and MT5 are one in the same by metaquotes software corp. shouldn't  I be able to do this

thank you for any help and advise on this issue. and I look forward to conversing with you on this forum for years to come for this trading is vastly complicated but mind challenging and I see potential for moderate profits as time goes by enough hopefully to retire in comfort  that or I'll loooosee my arse off give or take a few in debt US dollars.. happy trading 

As ar as I know - EA made for MT4 - can not be used in MT5.

And please, do not discuss any commercial EAs here.

Reason: