Indicators: Swing Point Highs and Lows

Swing Point Highs and Lows:

This indicator helps to determine swing point highs and swing point lows.

Last Man Standing Indicator

Author: John Davis

Perfect for the price action :-) and to catch the trend...

I have used this to find groupings of swing point differences in pips - like most hourly swing points might be just over a hundred pips apart, so I put my take profit at about a hundred and my stop loss at something more than that and move the stop as the trade progresses. So far so good.

bobart:
I have used this to find groupings of swing point differences in pips - like most hourly swing points might be just over a hundred pips apart, so I put my take profit at about a hundred and my stop loss at something more than that and move the stop as the trade progresses. So far so good.

Hello bobart,

I'm glad that this indicator is working for you.  Could you explain your system a bit more, I could try and automate it. 

Hi

I am interested in your Swing point indicator and playing with my swing trade system. It could be more useful if you please add an alert when it appear a new Purple swing point on a current timeframe and chart.

Tell me if it work out

Thanks

Hi John,

did you think about the alert function and maybe MTF function, to sync for example H1 and H4 ???

Please let us know, that would be nice.

Thanks !

omega6:

Hi John,

did you think about the alert function and maybe MTF function, to sync for example H1 and H4 ???

Please let us know, that would be nice.

Thanks !

omega6,

Thanks for the message.

Ok, so I finally got some bandwidth to be able to work on this indicator and I'm taking requests on what to add.  The alert feature seems highly requested so I'll implement it soon, what is MTF and could you explain what you mean by sync H1 and H4?

Page Devimt:

Hi

I am interested in your Swing point indicator and playing with my swing trade system. It could be more useful if you please add an alert when it appear a new Purple swing point on a current timeframe and chart.

Tell me if it work out

Thanks

So, what type of Alert are we talking about here, an email alert, an on-screen alert, or some other type of alert?

Any news on an alert for this?

Thanks in advance.

An upgraded indicator with alerts, push, email, and onscreen is now available in the marketplace for $10. https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/22918 
Technical Indicator SwingPoints
Technical Indicator SwingPoints
  • 10.00 USD
  • John Davis
  • www.mql5.com
Swing points are the areas on the chart where prices change direction. This indicator helps determine those swing points and filters out noise. Some...

Hi John,

It's a great indicator;

I have few questions:

1. Does the indicator repaint itself?

2. How many bar before and after the swing bar does the indicator consider before making a high/low decision?

3. Can I use this indicator alone to buy bottoms and sell tops? I am not sure how many delayed bars to I get so I can backtest the indicator on different time frames and currency pairs...

Regards,

Reason: