MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester! - page 6

Rosh:
It is not possible to debug in the Strategy Tester now. We are going to do this feature.

Hi Rosh,

Thanks for replying over weekends, rely shows dedication. I will add this as  a suggestion on how I see this happening.

Thanks again!

Yeah Rosh,

please give us a way to test and debug during the weeking without incoming ticks.

Greatings 

If you want just to call your event handler without price changing you can use OnTimer() or OnChartEvent().

when will be delivered the "Visual Mode" functionality? Are there any plans to introduce "Visual Mode" or is that feature dropped?

marius2707:

when will be delivered the "Visual Mode" functionality? Are there any plans to introduce "Visual Mode" or is that feature dropped?

I know, I can't believe it either. Whenever software developers start removing features is when I stop using the software. It is a very useful feature to have as well. Any more dumbing down and it will be no use to anyone.

It seems that i modify parameters in the strategy tester but not seeing any diference in the results (stop loss , take profit) ....

im a doing something wrong? 

Hi Rosh / Slawa ;

I have been using MetaTrader (MT3, MT4, MT5) now for 10 years. 

Do you plan on allowing us to manually change the size of the "spread" used when doing backtests in MetaTrader 5 ? 

Reason we ask is that we use a forex broker who does not use fixed spreads (like most FX brokers today), i.e. the FX spreads change quite a lot during the day and night, depending on the liquidity during the 24 hour trading session.  And if the spread changes a lot we get different backtest results each time we backtest and this can cause a large problem when doing high frequency scalping trading where we only make a few pips profit on each trade, so the size of the spread becomes very significant here.

Also we need you to add in MT5 a feature that allows us to set the amount of "commissions per lot" or "commissions per deal" when doing a backtest (like we had in MetaTrader 3 which i still use today because of this very important fetaure) as our forex broker charges us a commission per trade too, plus, we can allow for "Slippage" too in our backtests which is really important to do also as slippage can be 1.5 pips on the entry and exit too, so we need to allow for slippage in our backtesting too, to be properly accurate.  We can allow for "slippage" in our backtests by putting this slippage amount in the "commissions per lot" field. 

Thank you.  Much appreciated.

Regards,

Rod 

In the MT5 spreads are stored in the history for each minute. Therefore you get the same testing results every time.

We don't plan to add commission feature in the tester.

Good luck

Is is (or will it be possible anywhere soon) to use the debugger feature (which is really an absolutely amazing new feature!) in STRATEGY TESTER mode ?  This would really mean a huge leap forward in EA development because we wouldn't have to be waiting for time consuming real market tick data.  

Keep up the good work!

EDIT: I just re-read the thread and seen that this was already asked before, sorry!... So, do you have a release date for this feature ?

Rocket130713:

Hi Rosh / Slawa ;

I have been using MetaTrader (MT3, MT4, MT5) now for 10 years. 

Do you plan on allowing us to manually change the size of the "spread" used when doing backtests in MetaTrader 5 ? 

Reason we ask is that we use a forex broker who does not use fixed spreads (like most FX brokers today), i.e. the FX spreads change quite a lot during the day and night, depending on the liquidity during the 24 hour trading session.  And if the spread changes a lot we get different backtest results each time we backtest and this can cause a large problem when doing high frequency scalping trading where we only make a few pips profit on each trade, so the size of the spread becomes very significant here.

Also we need you to add in MT5 a feature that allows us to set the amount of "commissions per lot" or "commissions per deal" when doing a backtest (like we had in MetaTrader 3 which i still use today because of this very important fetaure) as our forex broker charges us a commission per trade too, plus, we can allow for "Slippage" too in our backtests which is really important to do also as slippage can be 1.5 pips on the entry and exit too, so we need to allow for slippage in our backtesting too, to be properly accurate.  We can allow for "slippage" in our backtests by putting this slippage amount in the "commissions per lot" field. 

Thank you.  Much appreciated.

Regards,

Rod 

There is still other issue with commission  -> https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/6672

Unfortunately there is no response from MetaQuotes so far. 

Question to MetaQuotes - 0 commission on deals in strategy tester
  • www.mql5.com
Question to MetaQuotes - 0 commission on deals in strategy tester.
Reason: