Which is the most effective way to challenge and increase your skills in developing EA?

• 22% (34)
  • 58% (91)
  • 10% (16)
  • 11% (17)
Total voters: 158

Please specify if you choose "others".

Others: All the available options.

Please give attention to point "most effective". So that mean is only one choice.

Then the most effective one i believe is relative to the person. I personally stick to "do the job by request", this will add a little pressure that will help you being more efficient, you'll also get ideas from jobs that you weren't able to think of before and finally explore areas that you were not in need before. But some others may prefer a more relaxed enviroment by developing their own EAs with spare time.

But i still believe that every effort of development and investigation increases your experience along with your skills.

Commonly, I agree with you about stick to "do the job by request". Because more persons is more thought. If one person maybe only has one idea at the same time, then more person (that request) have more idea. Right?

Another side the own idea has more flexibility to expand it to unlimited.

Btw, I agree that each person has they own style to improve their skill.

I think the most important tag line for this poll  is "It's not enough just to know it, let's do it"

producing my own customized EA

Doing it by request is the best to polish your coding because you will face hundreds of ideology and requests that seem impossible only to end up completing the job. Coding your own EAs you will only have skill concentrated on only one ideology.
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties - Documentation on MQL5

It's a very interesting poll. I am not sure there is a "most effective way" working for every coder. It depends of the background and the personality of each one. It depends also on the goal and the needs of each programmer.

From my experience, creating program for customers (job or commercial product) for other people is the most stressful, and if you can manage this stress, you can learn a lot, and not only about programming.

To increase your skills, I believe you'll have to keep learning new things. Where the motivation come from is another story. If the goal is increasing skills in creating an advanced program, then I believe jobs and commercial is best. If the goal is increasing skills in creating a better_trader then creating your own is probably best.
Reason: