Signals tab in toolbox vanished then re-appeared !

Hi,

After downloading MT5 build 712 last week, In my live account, I could see the Signals tab in the toolbox. I could also view the Signals set-up tab under Tools >> Options. But when I logged into my terminal this morning, the build number is the same, but the Signals tabs have vanished !

In my terminal, I could not see the Signals tab when checking my live account, so I logged into the MetaQuotes demo account and the Signals tab appeared in the toolbox !

I then logged back into the live account and the Signals tab remained there. However, I can not find the Signals tab under Tools >> Options ???

In my Journal, the Source "Signal" shows the message "subscription disabled" when I log into the live account.

What's happening ?

Chris_V 

Chris_V:

Hi,

After downloading MT5 build 712 last week, In my live account, I could see the Signals tab in the toolbox. I could also view the Signals set-up tab under Tools >> Options. But when I logged into my terminal this morning, the build number is the same, but the Signals tabs have vanished !

In my terminal, I could not see the Signals tab when checking my live account, so I logged into the MetaQuotes demo account and the Signals tab appeared in the toolbox !

I then logged back into the live account and the Signals tab remained there. However, I can not find the Signals tab under Tools >> Options ???

In my Journal, the Source "Signal" shows the message "subscription disabled" when I log into the live account.

What's happening ?

Chris_V 

I think, it is still being developed by MetaQutes to resolve this issue. Until now only MetaQuotes and Alpari UK provide Signal tab.

The possibility of using the Signals can be disabled by broker (may be they didn't enable it yet).

Alexx:
The possibility of using the Signals can be disabled by broker (may be they didn't enable it yet).

Last week I used the signals from a competition account to send orders into my live account and it worked perfectly. This week, it appears that the signals service has been disabled by my broker, without any prior notification!

I will contact the broker...

My broker disable it also. Maybe they don't want us to make profits. I don't know

Why Is MQL5 Market the Best Place for Selling Trading Strategies and Technical Indicators
Why Is MQL5 Market the Best Place for Selling Trading Strategies and Technical Indicators
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
MQL5.community Market provides Expert Advisors developers with the already formed market consisting of thousands of potential customers. This is the best place for selling trading robots and technical indicators!

most brokers don't want thier client to make profit so they disable the signal tab. my broker, instaforex, do likewise
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
MQL5.community Market provides Expert Advisors developers with the already formed market consisting of thousands of potential customers. This is the best place for selling trading robots and technical indicators!

OK, today my broker informed me that:

Today we enabled Trading Signals for demo accounts on MT5. Below are brief instructions on how to set it up:

Still no advice on the Live account Signals... Perhaps this is blocked? What I can't understand is that I managed to use it successfully on my live account last week on the 18 and 19 of October and copy all of the trades placed by the signal provider, with very good accuracy. Shame it lost a little money, but that's not the point. The worrying thing is that maybe this service was disabled by my broker while it was actively connected to my account, without any prior notice?

I'll post their response. ( To be fair, broker will remain confidential ). 

Chris. 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Here's the response. It appears that the broker has blocked the use of the Signals service on live accounts. But I think it is strange that I managed to use this service successfully on a live account on the 18 and 19 October ~!  Wierd, and perhaps pure luck that this communication mess-up didn't damage the account...

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.

The ´Signals´ option we are offering our customers is temporarily limited to ****** MT5 Demo accounts, hence the impossibility to use the option in your live account.

Could you please quote your Live account number and send us screen shots of what you refer to on the 18th and 19th of October, to investigate further your issue?

Should you have further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us. 

• www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Chris V which broker are you using? I dont see how this metatrader 5 signals will evolve if brokers wont support them.

sov:
Chris V which broker are you using? I dont see how this metatrader 5 signals will evolve if brokers wont support them.

Alright Chris, you can name it. 

This MT5 signal feature is still brand new, so be patient with it. In the future, some broker will probably change their mind later - and may adapt (or not) MT5 trading signal..

Some brokers may plan to have/provide their own signal system/provider, which other brokers don't have, so it will make them more competitive than the other brokers.

Here is the final response from the broker and an explanation of why this happened: ( quite interesting )...

Thank you for your email.

We had our technical team investigate this issue and I can confirm that no setting have been changed on your account.

During the dates that you mentioned, you were operating the latest build of MT5. Our server however, was not yet upgraded to be compatible with this build, as this process takes place out of trading hours (weekends).

With the server upgrade, the correct settings have been restored, which enable the Signals tab on Demo accounts. This is still pending approval from management for Live accounts.

I hope this clarification is helpful, and we apologise for any confusion or inconvenience caused.

As a future precaution, I will now wait until the week following the release of new MT5 features, before trialling on a live account.

Thanks to all who contributed to the post.

Chris. 

• www.mql5.com
Reason: