Discussion of article "How to Subscribe to Trading Signals" - page 3

sir i had tried to subscribe the signals but in my meta trader4 no trade is executed since now whether the signal provider had opened so many trades , am still confused

thanks if any one could help ,me 

rajeevbhtia321@gmail.com

rajeev.bhatia.1:

sir i had tried to subscribe the signals but in my meta trader4 no trade is executed since now whether the signal provider had opened so many trades , am still confused

thanks if any one could help ,me 

...@gmail.com

In the future, don't show your email address in forum. In any forum on internet, no one will reply to email address one by one except spammer.

1. What the journal logs says (MT4 > Ctrl + T > journal tab) ?

2. What's the build version of MT4 you using (Help menu > select About). You should upgrade to latest MT4 build 451 (New Version of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 451  ). and for Vista/7/8 we usually install MT outside C:/Program Files/ ... like in C:/My other app/... or something like that.

New Version of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 451 - MQL4 forum
  • www.mql5.com
New Version of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 451 - MQL4 forum

good

I am using MT4 Build 469 and selected an MT4 signal provider but cannot enable subscription. The journal messages, 'Signal - symbol EURRUB not found' followed by 'Signal - subscription disabled'. My brokers symbol designation for that pair is EURRUR. Just one character different. What can I do?

amdoc:

I am using MT4 Build 469 and selected an MT4 signal provider but cannot enable subscription. The journal messages, 'Signal - symbol EURRUB not found' followed by 'Signal - subscription disabled'. My brokers symbol designation for that pair is EURRUR. Just one character different. What can I do?

Well, I see your profile, and since you live in US, can you use the same broker as signal provider ? 

phi.nuts:
Well, I see your profile, and since you live in US, can you use the same broker as signal provider ? 
I registered and downloaded and installed and set up and am running the MT4 demo listed by the SP. The ruble pairs are not listed in Market Watch. Right clicked in Market Watch and selected 'Show All'. Selected "Symbols" and looking at them all do not see the pairs EURRUB or USDRUB and when I try to subscibe to the SP I get the same not found and subscription disabled messages.  Perhaps those pairs aren't offered to me because SP is live account and I'm demo? I also clicked on the "Slippage" tab where it lists Broker slippages for others subscribed to SP's signal and have gone to each of those 4 providers looking for those pairs and do not see them offered by any of them. More ideas?  

amdoc:
I registered and downloaded and installed and set up and am running the MT4 demo listed by the SP. The ruble pairs are not listed in Market Watch. Right clicked in Market Watch and selected 'Show All'. Selected "Symbols" and looking at them all do not see the pairs EURRUB or USDRUB and when I try to subscibe to the SP I get the same not found and subscription disabled messages.  Perhaps those pairs aren't offered to me because SP is live account and I'm demo? I also clicked on the "Slippage" tab where it lists Broker slippages for others subscribed to SP's signal and have gone to each of those 4 providers looking for those pairs and do not see them offered by any of them. More ideas?  
It's not because SP is using live and you're on demo, it's because your broker does NOT provide RUB. Why don't you contact the SP and tell him not to trade RUB because not all broker provide RUB on their symbol list.

When subscribing to a signal, there are a lot of configuration options that have to be selected in MT4. Where can I find detailed instructions on how to enable the subscription to a signal from MQL5 and configure the various Options in MT4? 

Also, I have subscribed to a number of signals. After MT4 receives the signals and attempts a few trades, in which the symbols are not found, the signal is quickly disabled. Where can I go to learn the things that will automatically disable my signal subscriptions?

Do I have to use the same broker as Provider to receive automatic signals to my platform? 

spike:
Do I have to use the same broker as Provider to receive automatic signals to my platform? 
It's recommended to use same broker as signal provider use, but it's not a mandatory. You can still subscribe using different broker.
Reason: