MT4 EA activation

Hi Everybody. It's probably not the best section of the forum for asking this, but can anybody tell me (or send me a link to a page where it's explained) how the activation process works if I buy an EA from MQL5 to an MT4 platform? Reason why I'm asking is that I would like to buy an EA with a friend and the EA has 5 activations. Can we buy it together and then use it on our own separate computers/VPS? I would really appreciate if somebody could confirm if it's possible and how it's working. Thanks a lot

bundy999:
Hi Everybody. It's probably not the best section of the forum for asking this, but can anybody tell me (or send me a link to a page where it's explained) how the activation process works if I buy an EA from MQL5 to an MT4 platform? Reason why I'm asking is that I would like to buy an EA with a friend and the EA has 5 activations. Can we buy it together and then use it on our own separate computers/VPS? I would really appreciate if somebody could confirm if it's possible and how it's working. Thanks a lot
You can download on 5 different terminals.on the same terminal is unlimited i think.

Ronnie Mansolillo:
You can download on 5 different terminals.on the same terminal is unlimited i think.

Not right.

1 activation by computer/operating system. If you change your computer you need a new activation, if you change your OS you need a new activation.

Under that unlimited usage on any number of platforms. See also Windows 10 upgrade : what you should know !

Alain Verleyen:

Not right.

1 activation by computer/operating system. If you change your computer you need a new activation, if you change your OS you need a new activation.

Under that unlimited usage on any number of platforms. See also Windows 10 upgrade : what you should know !

Thanx Alain for clarification.

Thank you guys. Considering that the windows on my VPS has been re-installed 2 times in the last ~18months, that doesn't sound good (especially if I would buy an EA together with somebody). :) Of course if an EA is really profitable, that would make it easy to accept.
Reason: