Windows 10 upgrade : what you should know ! - page 3

Wolfgang Kuebel:

...not only that in my case, i can't use any expert at the moment  (dragging on chart without a result).

Thanks god i have made a image before upgrade, so be warned and carefull with anniversary update! 

To re-install please follow these steps

1) Tools/Options/Community - Re-log into your community account with your password
2) Open Navigator (Ctrl N) and find Market/XXXX
3) Right click and Delete "Market/XXXX"
4) Open Terminal (Ctrl-T) and navigate to the Purchased Tab
5) You should find your products and an "Install" button for the ones you have just deleted
6) Click the "Install" button.
7) You will hen be prompted for your community account password again to use up another one of your 5 activations. (this will not deduct any funds from your account)

James Cater:
To re-install please follow these steps

1) Tools/Options/Community - Re-log into your community account with your password
2) Open Navigator (Ctrl N) and find Market/XXXX
3) Right click and Delete "Market/XXXX"
4) Open Terminal (Ctrl-T) and navigate to the Purchased Tab
5) You should find your products and an "Install" button for the ones you have just deleted
6) Click the "Install" button.
7) You will hen be prompted for your community account password again to use up another one of your 5 activations. (this will not deduct any funds from your account)

Thank you James,

but i have this problem with all experts (in 32bit version).

A clean install of MT4 doesn't help, the MACD / Moving Average experts shows the same problem, if you drag them to chart - nothing happens.

The 64 bit version seems to work after reinstall MT4(s), but for 32bit i had to play back my image... 

Wolfgang Kuebel:

Thank you James,

but i have this problem with all experts (in 32bit version).

A clean install of MT4 doesn't help, the MACD / Moving Average experts shows the same problem, if you drag them to chart - nothing happens.

The 64 bit version seems to work after reinstall MT4(s), but for 32bit i had to play back my image... 

I've the same problem as you.

I have the same problem does not work any expert since Windows 10 could last version

Форум по трейдингу, автоматическим торговым системам и тестированию торговых стратегий

Слетела активация советников приобретенных в Маркете

Renat Fatkhullin, 2016.08.15 12:49

Unfortunately, the upgrade to Windows 10 build 1511 to 1607 was carried out in the form of upgrading OSes scheme updating Windows 7/8 on Windows 10. It can be seen from a hidden directory Windows.Old and Windows. ~ BT with gigabytes of data from the old copy OSes.

That is, it is not a simple update but a complete re-installation of OSes that radically changes the unique profile and leads to loss of activations and stored passwords.

To compensate for the loss of activation, we will credit 1 additional activation to all customers regardless of operating systems in the next two days, who activated the purchased products at least once.

Demo products also lose the activation and you just need to re-download from the Market.

Win 7 was released 2009, in 8: 2012, Win 10: 2015 - do we have to expect the next update and all its troubles as of 2018, in 2 years?

Or can we expect a native Linux version without all this problems?

Carl Schreiber:

Win 7 was released 2009, in 8: 2012, Win 10: 2015 - do we have to expect the next update and all its troubles as of 2018, in 2 years?

Or can we expect a native Linux version without all this problems?

Never mind 2018 Microsoft plan to release significant updates every 6 months, so there will be 3 more losses of activations between now and Windows 11

MetaTrader will have to look at a better solution longer term, they can't go increasing the activations every 6 months.

But at least they have made this compromise of adding an extra activation for this release which is better than November 2015 when they ignored the issue.

I wished to see this post sooner.  My computer just updated by itself and now I have lost activation for products I have bought on MQL5.com.

Alain Verleyen:

Hello All,

I am opening this topic to centralize all information about migrating to Windows 10. No much for now, but important points to be aware anyway.

Stay tuned...

P.S : Of course, only information related to MT4/MT5 will be reported here.

These guys are ruining our ability to upgrade to windows 10.Must be reported to Microsoft.

jsoleg:
I have the same problem does not work any expert since Windows 10 could last version
To all with problerms with Win10 update to build 1607 and Ea's not working- immediately roll back the upgrade to versions 1511. You can do it for 10 days since the upgrade date. In windows setiings - update and restore option - rrestore previous version of windows. For 10 days you computer stores data for version 1511 in hidden windows.old folder. And for 10 day you can easily return to this version. I had the same problem and rolling back solved it. Compatibility issues obvious.
Reason: