Can i have your opinion?

Hi mql5 forum,

This is my first post here. I have to say im new on trading, i have been playing with demo  account for some months but thats it.

I would like to know your advice and help about the following:

I download this program: https://www.mql5.com/es/code/316

played with it on strategy testet changing parameters and got some they look to work but not sure about it, i think i do not understand the meaning of some of the parameters.

Besides i believe its incomplete and wanted to add some others indicators as Bollinger Bands or MACd, but i have no idea how to do it.

So then, here my questions are:

*im not playing with much money around 500(im sure some of you will laugh but dont want to risk more at the moment), so what values would you put in this program to get the best benefits? What would be a relative safe range?

*Could i get some help to mix the program with Bollinger Bands, for example?

Well, those are my main worries by the moment.

Hope this help some others and thanks in advance.

Pablo

PD: Thanks for readying and any advice or idea is welcome :) 

Asistente MQL5 - señales de trade basadas en Hammer/Hanging Man + MFI
Asistente MQL5 - señales de trade basadas en Hammer/Hanging Man + MFI
  • votes: 12
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
Las señales de trade basadas en patrón de vela "Hammer/Hanging Man", considerando confirmación por el indicador Market Facilitation Index (MFI) se considera. El código del EA basado en esta estrategia se puede generar automáticamente usando el asistente MQL5.

kerso4:

Hi mql5 forum,

<snip>

Hi Pablo & welcome on board.

Firstly, don't be embarrassed at the amount of money you are "playing" with. Everybody here started from somewhere and you're actually very wise not risking too much as you start your FX education :-) 

As for the EA, your best bet would be to firstly contact the author directly. He would have intimate knowledge of his code so would hopefully be willing to explain things a bit better for you and possibly make any modifications.

Failing that, if you don't get satisfactory answers here, it's simple to hire a developer to make any changes you could possibly imagine. Just head over to the freelance section and post a job.

Hope that helps mate & good luck with your adventures!

Cheers
Stu

kerso4:

Hi mql5 forum,

This is my first post here. I have to say im new on trading, i have been playing with demo  account for some months but thats it.

I would like to know your advice and help about the following:

Hope this help some others and thanks in advance.

Pablo

PD: Thanks for readying and any advice or idea is welcome :) 

Anyone who would laugh at someone who is trying to learn to trade doesn't deserve your attention.  You need to find out more about trading than just jumping in, but using a demo account first off is a very smart move.  It is better to trade your demo account as you would be in real life anyway, so you can get used to it.  Read a lot on trading styles, find one that works for you.  As far as what indicators for you, I am sure everyone and their brother has an opinion on what works for them and why.  Not saying ignore what they say, just do not take anything any one person says as 100% gospel.  Also find out for yourself what works for you.  Once you find a combination (or not) and a system that works for you, demo test it for months before going live.  Also, back testing and forward testing ("live" trading, even on demo) are totally different.  Back testing is helpful, but do not expect it to be exactly the same as when you do regular trading.

HI  Stu and  JD4,

In answer to Stu:

Getting in touch with the author i already tried, but not answering my messages, he might not be online for these days.

I just discovered the freelance section, how do i pay? how much do this will cost? and if i want to do an expert from zero? Need some advise with this.

IN answer to JD4:

I  will read alot of trading styles. I used to test a couple but i dont usually have much time in my computer and programming is not my strengh so its a bit hard to test it in a correct and serious way.

Thanks for your advice guys.

Dont know if you know programming on mql5 but what would be a good way to start? I have seen courses  for it but with the need of high level of C or C++ which i dont have it, i also found some manuals but they do not teach just a summary of many functions and commands so im a bit lost.

Pabs 

Hey Pabs

Here's a couple of articles that will help you. The first on creating a job, the second on the MQL5 payment system and how to deposit money:

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/235 

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/302 

That should give you all the info you need but feel free to ask more questions if it's not clear.

How much will it cost you? Well that's a "how long is a piece of string" kind of question :) It really depends on how complex the job is and which coders bid for it. But remember, like anything in life, cheapest is not always the best! A simple job can be done quickly for 10-20 bucks, very complex systems can run into the $100's or $1000's. I suggest keeping it simple to start with.

As for MQL courses, there are a lot of them out there but a lot are overpriced c@#p. Use the tutorials here to get you started. It's actually a very easy language to learn, particularly if you start with MQ4.

Cheers
Stu

kerso4:

HI  Stu and  JD4,

In answer to Stu:

Getting in touch with the author i already tried, but not answering my messages, he might not be online for these days.

I just discovered the freelance section, how do i pay? how much do this will cost? and if i want to do an expert from zero? Need some advise with this.

IN answer to JD4:

I  will read alot of trading styles. I used to test a couple but i dont usually have much time in my computer and programming is not my strengh so its a bit hard to test it in a correct and serious way.

Thanks for your advice guys.

Dont know if you know programming on mql5 but what would be a good way to start? I have seen courses  for it but with the need of high level of C or C++ which i dont have it, i also found some manuals but they do not teach just a summary of many functions and commands so im a bit lost.

Pabs 

That is fine, these replies normally will stay until when the OP can get back and read them, unless they are permanently banned for some reason.

I do not (yet) know programming in MQL.  If you are wanting to learn yourself, read all of the stuff here that you can, and look out on the rest of the web for information.  However, you need to be aware that there are currently 2 main versions of MQL, MQL4, and MQL5.  Both are similar but just different enough to cause you possible headaches when programming.  MQL4 is designed to work with MT4, and MQL5 is obviously supposed to work with MT5.  C++ is the language that MQL5 is based on, so there will be similarities, but you need to know MQL5 well to program.  If you already know some programming, even if it isn't C++, that will give you a little bit of a start on learning MQL.

If you decide to go to the freelance section, the cost is somewhat up to you.  You can post a job request and how much you are willing to pay, and if there are any programmers out there interested in taking on your job, they will post a bid for it.  But one recommendation, before you post a job, think about exactly what it is you want your program to be able to do from the start.  The clearer the job requirements you give, the better idea a programmer would have on what you want them to do, the more accurate a price they can make.  You will not be charged anything until you agree to the cost, and the system only locks the money in your account that is agreed to by you and the programmer.  The money will not be released until all steps through the process are completed, so if the programmer flakes out on you part way through the process, you are protected, at least according to MQ.

Thanks TD4, i read some about it in Stu's links. I think i have a good idea of what i want but im scared of all this steps lol

I have not time now to sirf all the web and start programming by myself, but i will in some near future.

Im already planning what i do exactly want and try to post it as clear as posible.

Thanks guys for the help :) 

Reason: