How to Host Multiple MT4 clients in one server?

Hi,

I'm a Forex agents which I help my clients to manage their Forex accounts & currently we are using the following brokers service: ForexMeta, Alpari, FXDD, GAIN, IBFX, IKON, MIG which all are using meta trader.

My clients want to host their mt4 in my server because I got 1 server connected to the internet 24/7. So that they can contiuenous doing trading running on our EA. Sometimes, they only need to logon to my server to view the status or updated the EA only & they do not need a 24/7 on their PC & internet.

My question is:

1. How can I host multiple client mt4 in 1 server?

2. I know currently you have mt4 multi terminal which can support multiple clients. Our main concern is, our client wish to see the result & status, so sometime they might remote access to the server & access to mt4 to view to chart. How can I control the user security. Can I create multiple windows profile, so differrent user giving differrent terminal service login to access the mt4 client application. Can the mt4 multi terminal support on this? which i terminal service open 1 mt4 client.

3. For the EA, can we use multiple EA, means differrent accounts use differrent EA.

Kindly assist us on this because currently we have almost 200 clients need our hosting service.

Thank you.

Stenly

Hi Guys,

I just downloaded the Meta trader MultiTerminal but am finding it difficult to log on, under the 'new account'where am suppose to imput my logging details I keep seeing 'this form allows you adding a new account for the server 'metaquotes-Demo". 

Each time I try to put my log in details for the live accounts it doesn't accept it.  I also noticed that there is no market watch and chart on this multiple plarform, are all this normal?

I need help please

Thanks.

Josh

Stenly :

Hi,

I'm a Forex agents which I help my clients to manage their Forex accounts & currently we are using the following brokers service: ForexMeta, Alpari, FXDD, GAIN, IBFX, IKON, MIG which all are using meta trader.

My clients want to host their mt4 in my server because I got 1 server connected to the internet 24/7. So that they can contiuenous doing trading running on our EA. Sometimes, they only need to logon to my server to view the status or updated the EA only & they do not need a 24/7 on their PC & internet.

My question is:

1. How can I host multiple client mt4 in 1 server?

2. I know currently you have mt4 multi terminal which can support multiple clients. Our main concern is, our client wish to see the result & status, so sometime they might remote access to the server & access to mt4 to view to chart. How can I control the user security. Can I create multiple windows profile, so differrent user giving differrent terminal service login to access the mt4 client application. Can the mt4 multi terminal support on this? which i terminal service open 1 mt4 client.

3. For the EA, can we use multiple EA, means differrent accounts use differrent EA.

Kindly assist us on this because currently we have almost 200 clients need our hosting service.

Thank you.

Stenly

Hi Stenly,

There is a company who specailizes in MT4 hosting and should be able to support your requests for all your customers. Check out thier website http://www.metatraderhosting.com/. Hope this is helpful!

Hi Stenly

Install MetaTrader

Copy the program folder 'c:\program Files\MetaTrader 4' to 'c:\program files\MetaTrader 4 -1'

Rename 'terminal.exe' in the new folder to 'terminal1.exe'

Repeat the above for each installation

Use RDP to the server for each of the users.

Hope this helps

latin :

Install MetaTrader

Copy the program folder 'c:\program Files\MetaTrader 4' to 'c:\program files\MetaTrader 4 -1'

Rename 'terminal.exe' in the new folder to 'terminal1.exe'

Repeat the above for each installation

Doing it this way doesn't necessarily create new program groups or the start menu items that you might want.  A safer way is to run the installation program multiple times, but specifying the directories each time.  (I say safer because when you are moving files around on the C:\ drive and renaming executables, there is a good probability of an error.)  It may yield the same result in the end, but it is a best practice to use the installer the way it was intended.

1) Download the client terminal from your broker or from https://download.mql5.com/cdn/web/metaquotes.software.corp/mt4/mt4setup.exe?utm_campaign=MQL5.community

2) Run the executable.

3) At the "Installation folder" step, specify a new installation folder of your choice (C:\Program Files\MetaTrader [For Account #####]).

4) At the "Select program group:" step, use a similar naming convention that you used for the installation folder.

Voltron :

Hi Guys,

I just downloaded the Meta trader MultiTerminal but am finding it difficult to log on, under the 'new account'where am suppose to imput my logging details I keep seeing 'this form allows you adding a new account for the server 'metaquotes-Demo". 

Each time I try to put my log in details for the live accounts it doesn't accept it.  I also noticed that there is no market watch and chart on this multiple plarform, are all this normal?

I need help please

Thanks.

Josh

Voltron, you cannot use the Multiterminal Demo for live accounts.  It will only work for demo accounts.  You will have to contact your brokerage to get a copy of the multiterminal for your live accounts.

Reason: