AI 2023. Meet ChatGPT. - page 157

Andrey Dik #:

So you've interpreted it, then what? Are you going to keep the information in your head? Are you going to save it on a flash drive? And how are you going to process it later, also with your head, a computer is not good enough?)))

what's the difference between data and information? information can't be processed by inanimate objects? what's the difference between who or what interpreted the data, a humanoid or modulation by waves from neighbouring stars when the signal passes through interstellar space?

Well, there's a plug and there's a socket. If they don't fit, the current doesn't flow. If the data is not interpreted by the receiver, it has not added anything new to it, has not changed its state, it has not received the information, although it has received the data.

Or the fool got a bump in the forehead, but he did not get information from it and went back to the cedar again

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:

Well, there's a plug and there's a socket. If they don't fit, the current doesn't flow. If the data is not interpreted by the receiver, it has not brought anything new to it, has not changed its state, it has not received the information, although it has received the data.

ok. further. interpreted the data and received information, what are you going to do with it, with the information?

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:

keep philosophising, it'll be the hundredth time.

As an example: I claim that I was the first to know about the posting of this comment, and only after it was posted did the world know about this comment (since it is already visible in google search). Now the question is, when did this information come to light, when I was thinking about what to write, when I posted it here on the forum, or when did this information hit the google search engine?

Everyone who reads this information learns about this information in their own time period. But that doesn't mean that the information was created at the exact moment a particular reader read about it.

Andrey Dik #:

OK. next. interpreted the data and got the information, what are you going to do with the information?

It's changed your thinking structure, you're not the same person you were before. Now you can live with it, or you can grieve it, or you can tell someone about it.

Реter Konow #:
Then answer the naturally arising question: what is information? If it exists independently of us, it must have material properties. Describe them, please.

you have already been answered, information cannot be outside the carrier and has no physical properties. or do you characterise hotness by softness?

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:

It changed your thinking structure, you're not the same person you were before. Now you can live with it, or you can grieve it, or you can tell someone about it.

How would you tell someone about the information? Seriously, describe it. You would make sounds, right? I mean, you would transmit the information through sound waves? So you saw that the information is already outside of you, in the sound waves.

Once again, without storing and transferring information, it would be impossible for man to build computers, and many other things would be impossible. man simply uses the properties of information and the properties of matter to transfer information.

Lilita Bogachkova #:

As an example: I claim that I was the first to know about the posting of this comment, and only after it was posted did the world know about this comment (since it is already visible in google search). Now the question is, when did this information come out, when I was thinking about what to write, when I posted it here on the forum, or when did this information come up in a google search?

Everyone who reads this information learns about this information in their own time period. But that doesn't mean that the information was created at the exact moment a particular reader read about it.

everyone gets certain information from this comment, to the extent of their depravity. Either you agreed on the concepts and agreed that this comment means specifically that and not something else. But someone still misunderstood, the trolls started trolling. The result was a deaf phone and everyone understood something different.

I, for example, realised that reading your comments is pointless and I just run my eyes over them, without hope for a bright future.

Andrey Dik #:

how are you gonna tell me the information? Seriously, describe it.

You tell what happened to you, not the information.

through sound vibrations.

Реter Konow #:
Then answer the naturally arising question: what is information? If it exists independently of us, it must have material properties. Describe them, please.

The concept of information can be difficult to define precisely, but it usually refers to data, knowledge, facts or ideas that are transmitted, received or processed by people or machines. Although information may exist independently of human awareness of it, it usually requires some means of representation, transmission or storage, such as language, symbols, signals or electronic media.

Information can have various properties, including content, structure, context, relevance, accuracy, currency and accessibility. These properties can be influenced by factors such as the source of the information, the intended audience, the communication channel used, and the cultural or social context in which the information is created or received. Material properties, such as the physical characteristics of the environment in which the information is stored or transmitted, may also come into play.

In general, information can be thought of as an abstract concept that is represented and processed in a variety of forms, including text, images, audio and video. These forms may have different material properties, such as the length of a text document or the capacity of a storage device, but they are all part of the broader concept of information.

Lilita Bogachkova #:

As an example: I claim that I was the first to know about the posting of this comment, and only after it was posted did the world know about this comment (since it is already visible in google search). Now the question is, when did this information come out, when I was thinking about what to write, when I posted it here on the forum, or when did this information come up in a google search?

Everyone who reads this information learns about this information in their own time period. But that does not mean that the information was created at the exact moment a particular reader read about it.

That comment didn't exist before it was published. That is, the fact that you wrote it does not indicate that you were the first to record the appearance of your comment as a comment.
Reason: