AI 2023. Meet ChatGPT. - page 215

Sergey Gridnev #:
ChatGPT as a murky photocopy of the Internet

https://habr.com/ru/articles/813739/

Read. An interesting take on modern AI.

It's time to summarise the results. Moving towards the end of the study. Technical progress is endless, but life is not.

I will collect the main theses from the previously stated thoughts and try to make final conclusions on the topic of AI.

I will finish, as I intended, with sociology.

We started with considering AI as a product of mythical subconsciousness (AI rebellion, deity, grail, utopia), then we looked at it from the point of view of evolution (auto-reproduction of mechanisms), psychology (idea-parasite, rose-coloured glasses), then we examined the underlying technical essence (statistical model), then we studied market influence (generator of consumer goods)....

I would like to finish with the main questions: how to live in the age of AI without being "pierced in the head" by this AI? How to limit the growth of this "entity" in one's mind? Why is it necessary to minimise the influence of AI on oneself?

The answers are coming.

Well, here we come to the end of the topic.

First of all, because the main goal has almost been achieved - for more than 200 pages we have been discussing the topic of AI and have reached a decent level of understanding of the issue.

• We have dropped the man-made "deity" from the pedestal.
  • We realised that there will be no "AI uprising" - it's just a modern myth blown up by Hollywood and some popular personalities with weirdness. Probably for the purpose of hype and subsequent profit.
  • They realised that with the "coming of AI" is coming not a utopia, but an industrial cesspit, mass loss of jobs and niches of creative self-realisation.
  • Disappointed in the"Grail" that AI is supposed to bring and realised that it is only a sign of the death of the consumer market from inevitable depreciation.
  • They concluded that the transformation of society under the pressure of introduced technologies is not development, but something quite different.
  • We plunged into the subject of species biology and studied the question why AI and mechanisms under its control can never become a "species" because they are not capable of reproduction. The main reason is the laws of physics. Reproduction of macromechanisms is practically impossible.It bypasses the creative forces of Nature acting at the micro level. Losses of efficiency of physical macro-processes of such reproduction are too high. Self-reproduction of robots is too inefficient for more than several generations. On the other hand - organisms are the most perfect and the most complex "mechanisms". (By analogy with Richard Feynman's statement that "Chemistry is the most complex Physics").
  • And much more....

I will further elaborate on the thoughts expressed earlier, but now I would like to bring a new idea to the topic. It has to do with sociology and the so-called"social competition" I mentioned earlier.

About it further...

This thought answers the earlier question, "Why should AI's influence on ourselves be minimised?".

I'll start with a bit of a disclaimer.

For many years I believed that a person's success and self-fulfilment depends on abilities, talents, labour, working on oneself, persistence, determination, luck, support of loved ones....

NO.

I was wrong.

It's the sub firmware that decides everything.

This is "software" installed or uninstalled in the subconsciousness of a person by other people during his life.

These programmes determine social intelligence.

It is social intelligence that determines success.

Many people, I would say the majority, have an incomplete set of necessary attitudes and knowledge for effective and full-fledged social adaptation.

It is as if their "operating system" is "broken" or underwritten.

They don't know how to communicate with others, they are stiff or on the contrary loose, they can't "find themselves", they are badly wounded by others, they attack or defend themselves by closing in themselves.... They do not succeed because they misunderstand the world, are in illusions and fantasies, do not know how to communicate with the opposite sex .... There are many symptoms. In general, they lack basic skills of social interaction and cannot achieve a stable existence and prosperity among others.

These are socially illiterate people. Like the common illiterates, those that didn't learn to read/write as children, these ones couldn't learn how to live. They are social ignoramuses. Often because of social ignorance, their lives are broken. They make unforgivable and stupid mistakes, because they don't realise what they are doing wrong.

But where do they come from, these social ignoramuses? Why do they have "broken" or "underwritten" "software"?

Where and how have they missed important attitudes, directives, instructions and lessons that would avoid a sad fate or a life without fulfilment...?

There is no question that the social ignoramuses are NOT to blame.

They were under-educated before being released into adulthood.

Well for example, they were not given the most basic and most important knowledge of financial literacy to start adult life.

Or not taught how to communicate with the opposite sex.

That's it. These people are doomed to start life in debt or with a "broken heart." Sometimes they can't stand it and completely break down. Sometimes they hang on, but they suffer and take a long time to realise their mistakes.

Or, for example, they were not taught to work their way up the career ladder, and they languish in the same job for years. Or they didn't explain that you can't trust lawyers.... Or that you can't take loans from just anyone, or better still, not at all....

There's a lot of life wisdom you need to know before you leave school. But school doesn't prepare you for life. On the contrary. It crams in a lot of unnecessary knowledge instead of the right knowledge.

But why?

BECAUSE SOCIETY NEEDS SOCIAL IGNORAMUSES WHO MAKE MISTAKES.

Yes, yes, they do.

We need losers in social competition.

And those losers are trained from school age. For exploitation.

Naturally, it's implicit, but the point remains the same.

What does AI have to do with it?

Because AI, among other things, is a tool for formatting the consciousness of an individual. That is, a tool to turn a person into a slave.

What can't AI do? - It can't teach man the wisdom of life.

And what can make a man free? - Only life wisdom. That is, social literacy.

Seek wisdom, be socially literate. AI won't help with that. What will help is other strong and socially literate individuals.

They're the ones we need, not AI.

So AI's influence on humans needs to be limited.

With its generated nonsense, it distracts from becoming on the path and catching up the missed opportunities of a person in the conditions of social competition.

Reason: