AI 2023. Meet ChatGPT. - page 137

Alexander Ivanov #:

he looked at the moon and called the moon Moon.

Genius!

Alexander Ivanov #:

he looked at the moon and called the moon Moon.

He was looking, right. What do you mean he was looking, how did he get the image in his head? Expand on that.

Andrey Dik #:

how did man know about the moon?
It goes something like this:

1. Generalising perceptual data into a mental object.

2. Naming the mental object.

3. Prolonged accumulation of new data from observation of the source (data).

4. Separation and generalisation of different types of data into named parameters.

5. Identifying relationships between parameters and defining their dependencies.

6. ... Repeating the loop.

This is a very rough description of the mechanics of how the mind works.

Реter Konow #:
Roughly, it goes like this:

1. Generalisation of perceptual data into a mental object.

2. Naming the mental object.

3. Long-term accumulation of new data from observation of a source (data).

4. Separation and generalisation of different types of data into named parameters.

5. Identifying dependencies between parameters and defining their relationships.

6. ... repeating the cycle.

This is a very rough description of the mechanics of how the mind works.

That's not the question. How did the information about the moon get to man?

All right, let's not pull anyone's tail.

man received information about the moon through electromagnetic waves of the visible spectrum, waves! man closed his eyes and the waves ceased to exist around him? - No, the waves with information are still travelling in space without that fool of a man!

In fact, man is in the surrounding and piercing waves carrying information about everything (we mean the waves that have reached man). information about everything is everywhere.

the fact that man has invented how to store and process information does not change anything, it is only a way for man to understand the world around him, he understands it as he can, as his mind allows him to understand it. but we have not even started to consider here what isotropy has to do with the completeness of information, and this is very important for understanding how one can know the composition of distant planets and stars, how one can build spaceships and grow new kinds of plants. moving information in space allows one to walk on the Moon, without moving information in space.

Andrey Dik #:
That's not the question. How did information about the moon get to man?
Data perception -》 data analysis -》 generalising data into an object -》 naming the object... and so on.

I am stating the general principle of the origin of any information in the realm of mind. This applies to the information about the moon too.

Реter Konow #:
Data perception -》 Data analysis -》 Summarising data into an object -》 Naming the object.... and so on.

I am stating the general principle of the origin of any information in the realm of mind. This applies to the information about the moon too.

No, information about the Moon is available to the whole Universe, wherever electromagnetic waves can reach, nothing depends on man and has nothing to do with the mind.

Yes, sometimes new ideas meet resistance in the psyche of individuals. One of the reasons may be unwillingness to recognise their old knowledge as outdated (or at least incomplete), which leads to insisting on "their own". This is something like inflicting offence on someone who was sure they already knew everything, which they seem not to. The "crown" doesn't want to come off your head. It is all the more amusing when the possibility of leaving the old and enriching with the new (for they are essentially non-contradictory to each other) has been signalled.

Ilya Filatov #:
Yes, sometimes new ideas meet resistance in the psyche of individuals. One of the reasons may be unwillingness to recognise their old knowledge as outdated (or at least incomplete), which leads to insisting on "their own". This is something like inflicting offence on someone who was sure they already knew everything, which they seem not to. The "crown" doesn't want to come off your head. It's all the more amusing when the possibility of leaving the old and enriching with the new (for they are essentially non-contradictory to each other) has been pointed out.
I don't know who exactly you are referring to, but if it is me, I will say that I have no crown. There is a reasonable and logical position that I continue to develop.

I don't want to get involved in juggling physical terms without being a physicist and trying to explain things I don't understand by them. I apologise. :-)

Реter Konow #:
I don't know who exactly you are referring to, but if it's me, I will say that I have no crown. There is a reasonable and logical position that I continue to develop.

Yes, I'm referring to you. Please don't take offence, I may well be wrong about the reasons for your insistence on denial and a different angle on what is being discussed.

Ilya Filatov #:

Yes, I meant you. Please do not take offence, I may well be wrong about the reasons for your persistence in denial and a different perspective on what is being discussed.

No offence is out of the question. )) I myself, a little bit, work as a "provocateur". But, it is only because of the desire to stir up a discussion and come to the right conclusions.

If we compare my point of view with the positions of other participants, we have to admit that I adhere to the etymology of the word and try not to abuse scientific terms from the field, which according to many recognised scientists has nothing to do with the concept in question.

Also, I am always striving to get to precise wording and definitions, unlike those who like free flight of thought.

Also, I try to be dry and concise when it comes to the essence of the concept, and not to let beautiful but useless "soap bubbles".

I am open to criticism, and I can admit a mistake, but only if my opponent's logic is flawless. Or, he will give me ironclad facts. None of this, has been done by anyone.

Many statements about the materiality of information, without specifying its material properties, do not serve as proof of anything.

Besides, authoritative sources and scientists are closer to my position than to the position of my opponents. Look at Wikipedia.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I do not change anyone's mind, but only reveal the inner potential of my thinking. Therefore, I am grateful to the participants of the discussion and it is interesting to read their thoughts.
Reason: