Latest version MT4 can't subscribe to signals

This morning i just installed newest mt4 from roboforex to subscribe to a signal. I deposited the correct subscription amount into mql and when i login to my demo acct, it show a balance of $49USD.

When i click on subscribe button it ask to open a link. I selected the correct link (just one on my vps) to open the mt4 demo. It kept bouncing back and forth to mql signal page and didnt do anything. It was working perfectly fine previously

Another user whom i knew was subscribed to the signal i was interested and told me that the latest version of mt4 disallow users from subscription. Please help!

*I am veteran user here so i am very familiar with mql and subscription and I did login to community tab as well as mql correctly, otherwise i wont be able to view journal tab or my balance on mt4 and wont be able to get signal page

I just download and installed new mt4 from roboforex and deposited USD49 into mql account to ready for signal subscription

The system ask to open link and I point to the terminal.exe (i had one only on vps. I also try on local, making sure to use the correct mt4) but it kept going back n forth between my mt4 and mql signal page

One user who is subscribed to the signal i wanted told me that the latest update wont allow a user to subscribe to signals using demo acct, please help

Files:
mt4.png  250 kb

Signals on demo or cent accounts are no longer allowed ...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

The Signals service is in decline

Renat Fatkhullin , 2024.01.17 12:07

Along with the release of MetaTrader 5 this Friday, there will be the following changes:

1. Support for signals on any non-real accounts (demo, contest, cents, etc.) for MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 is completely removed
  2. The ability to register demo or private signals on the site is removed
  3. The ability to create free signals is removed
  4. MQL5 functions SignalsXXXX are abolished; they return empty data and the code ERR_MQLAPI_FUNCTION_NOT_ALLOWED
  5. Signals can only be created by users who have received seller status

With these steps we will clear the service of garbage, free up a lot of resources and create a clean storefront.

The next step will be to reform the terms of the account with a signal subscription :

1. Any copiers are prohibited - they are the ones who stole our signals service
  2. Connections with read only passwords are prohibited - this is how they are stolen from other people’s copy trading services
  3. All MQL5 functions will produce empty open positions/orders/trade history - copiers will be useless
  4. Inability to bypass these conditions by connecting from other copies of terminals

This will improve the quality of the service.

It was officially announced here:

4. Terminal: Disabled support for the Signals service for demo accounts. To access enhanced statistics on your training accounts, use the new trading report . It features a plethora of metrics characterizing your strategy profitability and risks, including growth, balance and equity graphs, diagrams of trade distribution by direction and instruments, and much more.

12. MQL5: Disabled and deprecated Signal* functions. They will now return empty signal sets.

Your topic has been moved to the section: MQL4 and MetaTrader 4
Please consider which section is most appropriate — https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166/page6#comment_49114893

Fernando Carreiro #:

Signals on demo or cent accounts are no longer allowed ...

It was officially announced here:

4. Terminal: Disabled support for the Signals service for demo accounts. To access enhanced statistics on your training accounts, use the new trading report . It features a plethora of metrics characterizing your strategy profitability and risks, including growth, balance and equity graphs, diagrams of trade distribution by direction and instruments, and much more.

12. MQL5: Disabled and deprecated Signal* functions. They will now return empty signal sets.

thank u very much i was not aware of this till today, been sleeping and not active on mql for 6mths or so

Reason: