MT5 Causing Crash on MacOS Sonoma 14.0

I downloaded the new macOS update last week (Sonoma 14.0) and the day after, the laptop started restarting once or twice a day, each time while I was using MT5. The crash reports  indicate that a kernel panic occurred while executing code within the MetaTrader 5 application. It is therefore possible that the MT5 application is not compatible with the new MacOS update as it only started happening after updating my MacOS. I spoke to Apple support a few times and we tried every solution and the problem is still persisting. They recommended I reach out to the developers to see if they can offer an update for the application. The MT5 I have was downloaded from MetaTrader 5 website and my Mac runs on an Apple M2 chip. I also got an update for the latest version of mt5 this morning and it still happened after that.

The crashes only happen when I am using mt5 and I have no other applications open besides safari and no other third party software or application running in the background.

I was hoping that the MT staff would be able to look into this on their end and see if there could be a potential update to solve this if other people are having the same issue.

Here is one of the crash reports below, as you can see, highlighted in yellow, it shows MetaTrader5 to be the cause of the kernel panic: 

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope we can come up with a solution. 

Files:
crashlog.txt  14 kb

The issue occurred once more and when the laptop turned back on, my mt5 was wiped. So I concluded that the problem was my mt5 and deleted it and redownloaded it from MetaTrader website. It looked quite different and I was able to do more things on it which also leads me to believe that the updates were not updating my application. Then it was fine for a whole day and today afternoon it happened again. After it crashed it didn't wipe my mt5 luckly. Also after redownloading, my mt5 opens as a wine64 application which the crash report identifies as the cause of the crash. I can send the crash report again if it will help. This time there was a CPU 4 issue. Could the developers please look into the apps compatibility on Mac and if there are any issues with kernel panics and cpu panics. Thank you. 

I do not have Mac so I can not practically help in this situation.
But I found 3 posts which may be related to some issues -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Mt5 will not open in Arch Linux after updating new version of 8 Jun 2023?

MetaQuotes, 2023.06.10 14:05

Check Wine version, please. Wine 8.x recommended for Linux.

Use bash script https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/625 to install the latest Wine 8.x and MetaTrader 5.

On a Mac, remove the old Wine 6.0 installation and reinstall the new Wine 7.7 package
Link to the installer at the bottom of the page on the right.

MT5 Wine problem

MetaQuotes, 2023.06.10 15:36

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/447916

Terminal: Improved stability under Wine, especially on macOS systems. We recommend completely removing old terminals and re-installing them:

Sergey Golubev #:

And -

Sergey, thank you very much. I will look into these. 

zm7:
I downloaded the new macOS update last week (Sonoma 14.0) and the day after, the laptop started restarting once or twice a day, each time while I was using MT5. The crash reports  indicate that a kernel panic occurred while executing code within the MetaTrader 5 application. It is therefore possible that the MT5 application is not compatible with the new MacOS update as it only started happening after updating my MacOS. I spoke to Apple support a few times and we tried every solution and the problem is still persisting. They recommended I reach out to the developers to see if they can offer an update for the application. The MT5 I have was downloaded from MetaTrader 5 website and my Mac runs on an Apple M2 chip. I also got an update for the latest version of mt5 this morning and it still happened after that.

The crashes only happen when I am using mt5 and I have no other applications open besides safari and no other third party software or application running in the background.

I was hoping that the MT staff would be able to look into this on their end and see if there could be a potential update to solve this if other people are having the same issue.

Here is one of the crash reports below, as you can see, highlighted in yellow, it shows MetaTrader5 to be the cause of the kernel panic: 

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope we can come up with a solution. 

Have you fixed the problem?

avoronkin #:

It was reply from the service desk:

Errors, bugs, questions

Sergey T , 2023.11.03 11:49

Tested on Mac Air 2020 on Sonoma 14.0. I connected to a couple of brokers and Metaquotes-Demo. The market is working.

Did you accept the Gecko and Mono request during installation?

Did you install it by cleaning old terminals and their prefixes?

Can you attach the terminal's start banner?
K 0 12:42:08.748 Terminal MetaTrader 5 x64 build 4055 started for MetaQuotes Software Corp.
FP 0 12:42:08.749 Terminal Windows 10 build 18362 on Wine 8.0.1 Darwin 22.6.0, 8 x VirtualApple @ 2.50GHz, 1 / 15 Gb memory, 289 / 460 Gb disk, bnfdknkn, GMT+2

avoronkin #:

I haven't, 

avoronkin #:

Hi no, after looking through the forums which Sergey kindly attached, I was still unable to find a solution. I deleted and reinstalled mt5 and I still have the same issue. After reinstalling from the website, it started to open in Wine and I am still experiencing crashes daily. Sometimes twice in a day. The crash report indicates wine64 as the cause.

From the crash report:

Panicked task 0xfffffe200700f9a8: 224256 pages, 31 threads: pid 814: wine64

Panicked thread: 0xfffffe1b3aa9e800, backtrace: 0xfffffe5340cff610, tid: 6856

Before it used to say 'metatrader 5' as the cause. I am not sure if wine needs updating and I dont know to do it. 

Sergey Golubev #:

It was reply from the service desk:

Sergey, it does not help me

avoronkin #:

Sergey, it does not help me

As I see - you provided the technical details (post as they requested in one of the thread, and they replied to you, for example - it is one of the reply:

New version of the MetaTrader 5 platform build 4040: Improvements and fixes

Renat Fatkhullin , 2023.11.06 12:02

Uninstall the program and install it again, please.

There should be questions about installing Mono & Gecko - without them the market will not work.

For macOS: Check your Wine version

We recently completely updated the macOS installation package with many improvements. If you are already using MetaTrader on this system, check the current version of Wine - it is output to the terminal log on startup:

LP 0 15:56:29.402 Terminal MetaTrader 5 x64 build 4050 started for MetaQuotes Software Corp.
PF 0 15:56:29.403 Terminal Windows 10 build 18362 on Wine 8.0.1 Darwin 23.0.0, 12 x Intel Core i7-8750H  @ 2.20GHz, AVX2, 11 / 15 Gb memory, 65 / 233 Gb disk, admin, GMT+2

If you have a Wine version lower than 8.0.1, we strongly recommend removing the old terminal along with the Wine prefix in which it is installed. The terminal itself can be deleted as usual by moving it from the “Applications” section to the trash. You can remove the Wine prefix using Finder. Select the "Go\Go to Folder" menu and enter the directory name - ~/Library/Application Support/. Once you go there, delete the following folders, depending on which version of MetaTrader is installed:

~/Library/Application Support/Metatrader 5
~/Library/Application Support/net.metaquotes.wine.metatrader5
~/Library/Application Support/Metatrader 4
~/Library/Application Support/net.metaquotes.wine.metatrader4

After uninstallation, install the terminal again using our installers.

• During the process, you will be asked to install additional Wine packages (Mono, Gecko), you must agree - they are needed for work.
  • Minimum macOS versions: Big Sur for MetaTrader 4 and Mojave for MetaTrader 5
So, continue with them (with the service desk) - they know the technical details but as I understand - they could not reproduce this bug ...
Anyway, try to use their suggestions and if it did not help - speak with them once again (by creating the ticket at "Contacts and requests" at the bottom of this page).

Sergey Golubev #:

As I see - you provided the technical details (post as they requested in one of the thread, and they replied to you, for example - it is one of the reply:

So, continue with them (with the service desk) - they know the technical details but as I understand - they could not reproduce this bug ...
Anyway, try to use their suggestions and if it did not help - speak with them once again (by creating the ticket at "Contacts and requests" at the bottom of this page).

Thank you Sergey, my wine version is up to date and I am still experiencing crashes. I will try and message them.

Reason: