Terminal64.exe is crashing my new computer - Bad news and good news - page 4

Jeepack #:

So I did a complete factory reset of the OS, erasing all files, then updated from win 10 to win 11, proceeded to make sure all my drivers were up to date, and installed only MT5.

I noticed that the reset and update to win 11 was very difficult, many errors, many restarts, had to fix currupted filed many times, the install failed the first attempts, etc.

So at that point I thought maybe it was the software afterall and when I successfully installed win 11 and MT5 after many struggles, I was hopeful.

But it took only 1 hour and I had another blue screen. Oh and I forgot to mention something, during the win 10 reset and win 11 update install, I had 2 or 3 blue screens as well.

So I'm pretty sure I did a complete factory reset on the software, made sure all drivers were properly installed, and I still managed to get many blue screens, including one after everything was finished after running MT5 for about an hour.

My guess would be: hardware

My conclusion: I'm pretty sure I've done everything I could have done myself and that now I should take it to the shop and have them check the hardware and replace parts under warranty to try to fix the problem.

What do you think?

I am on it fields since decades.
Try this;
Format the hard drive and install win 11 and his updates.
Instal mt5 only.
Enjoy the mt5 working.
This should be done from the beginning becouae it takes only 1 hour.
If you can't format the hard drive please install a spare hard drive and remove the other.
Let me know if this solved.
I have seen much more conflicts between softwares than ram issues.

Alain Verleyen #:
Loool you bet on both side...hedging is a secure strategy.
Well, you asked, and my experience tells me, it's not defined enough to pull conclusions. Not opening a position at that moment.

Indecisive.

But given the current, new details, I'd say faulty RAM.

That's what I would check now. Change RAM. And reinstall with a fresh USB stick from external source.

Gianluca Bonfanti #:
I am on it fields since decades.
Try this;
Format the hard drive and install win 11 and his updates.
Instal mt5 only.
Enjoy the mt5 working.
This should be done from the beginning becouae it takes only 1 hour.
If you can't format the hard drive please install a spare hard drive and remove the other.
Let me know if this solved.
I have seen much more conflicts between softwares than ram issues.

Honestly, I think that's a waste of time.

He did that already, as he described. Repeating the process won't make it better.

Jeepack #:

So I did a complete factory reset of the OS, erasing all files, then updated from win 10 to win 11, proceeded to make sure all my drivers were up to date, and installed only MT5.

I noticed that the reset and update to win 11 was very difficult, many errors, many restarts, had to fix currupted filed many times, the install failed the first attempts, etc.

So at that point I thought maybe it was the software afterall and when I successfully installed win 11 and MT5 after many struggles, I was hopeful.

But it took only 1 hour and I had another blue screen. Oh and I forgot to mention something, during the win 10 reset and win 11 update install, I had 2 or 3 blue screens as well.

So I'm pretty sure I did a complete factory reset on the software, made sure all drivers were properly installed, and I still managed to get many blue screens, including one after everything was finished after running MT5 for about an hour.

My conclusion: I'm pretty sure I've done everything I could have done myself and that now I should take it to the shop and have them check the hardware and replace parts under warranty to try to fix the problem.

What do you think?

Yes. Take it to the shop. It's their duty to fix it now.

Excited to hear what the root cause is. My bet, as I have been challenged by Alain, is RAM.

But who knows, remote diag is hard via chat...

Dominik Christian Egert #:
Honestly, I think that's a waste of time.

He did that already, as he described. Repeating the process won't make it better.

where he described he installed a clean freash win 11 installation?

Gianluca Bonfanti #:

where he described he installed a clean freash win 11 installation?

It's a waste of time because of this:

"I noticed that the reset and update to win 11 was very difficult, many errors, many restarts, had to fix currupted filed many times, the install failed the first attempts, etc."

And installing a fresh Win11 won't make it better.

Jeepack #:

What do you think?

I said to always check the hardware in first. ALWAYS. The RAM and the Hardrive(s), needs to be checked with professional tools.

Don't even try to re-installl or to reformat before doing it. RAM and Hardrive are not things which are ALL GOOD or NOT WORKING at all, you can have a lot of subtleties.

Did you do it ? If yes how, using what ? There are a lot of tools existing, but they are not all good ones.

Maybe you should go to your seller as suggested, hopefully they know what they do.

Anyway. All has been said on this thread which is completely off-topic for this forum.

To reply to everyone's last comments, I'm bringing the PC to the shop tomorow. Parts are under warranty so I don't think it's a good use of my time to try to check the hardware myself. I did try a few tools, but they were probably not the best and I barely understand what they do if I'm being honest.

About Gianluca's advice to format the hard drive and re-install a fresh copy, I don't think I did exactly this so I think I'm going to try it. What I did was a factory reset, which leaves a lot of the OS files intact.

I'm not going to get my hopes up though, I'll hope for the best, but I'm preparing for it to crash again and this way I'll know I really tried everything to root out software as the cause.

So far, MT5 always crashes, so unless formatting miraculously fixes the issue, I'm going to tell the shop that MT5 is like a game, putting high demands on memory as it performs thousands of calculations per second and that the app either shuts down or crashes the PC into a blue screen error everytime I run it for a few minutes or 1-2 hours. I'll also tell them that it's one of the world's most used trading software and that experienced techs that have decades of experience with it are not experiencing any issues with the software running on windows OS. I'll also tell them that it has never crashed my 10 year old laptop even though it's a complete piece of crap. Wish me luck! I'll keep you updated with the results...

PS: I know it's a bit off topic for this forum but since only MT5 crashes the computer (except maybe a few exceptions), it really helped me to at least speak with all of you to help rule out the possibility that the issue is with MT5. I trust all of you who took the time to reply and probably like many of you said, MT5 crashing the PC is a symptom of a greater problem with the OS or the hardware.

Jeepack #:

To reply to everyone's last comments, I'm bringing the PC to the shop tomorow. Parts are under warranty so I don't think it's a good use of my time to try to check the hardware myself. I did try a few tools, but they were probably not the best and I barely understand what they do if I'm being honest.

About Gianluca's advice to format the hard drive and re-install a fresh copy, I don't think I did exactly this so I think I'm going to try it. What I did was a factory reset, which leaves a lot of the OS files intact.

I'm not going to get my hopes up though, I'll hope for the best, but I'm preparing for it to crash again and this way I'll know I really tried everything to root out software as the cause.

So far, MT5 always crashes, so unless formatting miraculously fixes the issue, I'm going to tell the shop that MT5 is like a game, putting high demands on memory as it performs thousands of calculations per second and that the app either shuts down or crashes the PC into a blue screen error everytime I run it for a few minutes or 1-2 hours. I'll also tell them that it's one of the world's most used trading software and that experienced techs that have decades of experience with it are not experiencing any issues with the software running on windows OS. I'll also tell them that it has never crashed my 10 year old laptop even though it's a complete piece of crap. Wish me luck! I'll keep you updated with the results...

PS: I know it's a bit off topic for this forum but since only MT5 crashes the computer (except maybe a few exceptions), it really helped me to at least speak with all of you to help rule out the possibility that the issue is with MT5. I trust all of you who took the time to reply and probably like many of you said, MT5 crashing the PC is a symptom of a greater problem with the OS or the hardware.

OK, so everyone put up their bets.

Mine is on RAM. Either incompatible/not supported or faulty.

Full hard drive formatting completed, windows 11 re-installed, hardware drivers updated/installed, MT5 installed from this site's link, EA's and indicators installed, logged into my broker's demo account, then after about 1 hour...

Blue screen OS crash with PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error.

So taking PC to the shop tomorow, fingers crossed that that will be the end of it!

Reason: