What is my next step?

Hello :)

I have been pulling my hair from the process of getting on MT4, but now I am. I have a broker, I have an account in MT4 - now, what I want to do is automatically copy a trader. But no video explains the first step. Should I have money in my brokers accunt, MQL5 or MT4? How do I do this? Do I need more software or apps to use a signal automatically? I hope you can tell me where to go from here. Thank you :)

Mette Glargaard:

I have been pulling my hair from the process of getting on MT4, but now I am. I have a broker, I have an account in MT4 - now, what I want to do is automatically copy a trader. But no video explains the first step. Should I have money in my brokers accunt, MQL5 or MT4? How do I do this? Do I need more software or apps to use a signal automatically? I hope you can tell me where to go from here. Thank you :)

Congratulations, Open a demo and understand everything well then before opening or trading with a real account. Getting a signal is a matter of subscribing to the signal service you want, I am assuming you are asking about signal services here. Search "Signal service" in the website, you would find what you seek.

I already have a real account and a broker. I have done signals and used another platform for automatic copytrading, now I want to do it here. I need help with the next step for that. Thank you :)

Mette Glargaard # :

Xin chào :)

Tôi đã có một thực tài khoản và một môi trường nhà. Tôi đã thực hiện các tín hiệu và sử dụng một nền tảng khác để sao chép tự động, bây giờ tôi muốn làm điều đó tại đây. Tôi cần giúp đỡ về bước tiếp theo của công việc đó. Thank you :)

please take a screenshot so people can better understand the problem you ask, I can guide you

I don't know what to take a screenshot of, sorry. I am looking to automatically copytrade someone on MT4, I know how to find signals, but do I need more software to automatically copytrade someones signal? Amd where do I put the money that I want to invest?

Thank you

Mette Glargaard:

How to Subscribe to MT4/MT5 Signal - the instructions
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/189731
  (MT4)
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/336422
  (MT5)
How to Subscribe to a MT4 Signal (new instructions, after 1065 version upgrade)
How to Subscribe to a MT4 Signal (new instructions, after 1065 version upgrade)
  • www.mql5.com
Below are step by step instructions, of how to subscribe to a MΤ4 signal: 1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register 2...

I just tried clicking on "copy signal" for a trader I found that seems reliable and with good risk control. When I click copy, a window opens where I have to click "Copy signal in metatrader" and when I do, nothing happens.

Why isn't there a step by step video to this process? There's only "click to copy signal" videos. Nothing that explains what steps there are between getting a real account up and running and clicking that button.

I feel lost here. The videos do not help me. If anyone can answer my questions it would be great!

Do i need other apps to automatically copytrade? Where do I put money?

I once opened an account and put money in MQL5 and could not get them back out, because "I wasn't a seller account" - what?

Nothing here is logical =/

Mette Glargaard #:

I just tried clicking on "copy signal" for a trader I found that seems reliable and with good risk control. When I click copy, a window opens where I have to click "Copy signal in metatrader" and when I do, nothing happens.

Why isn't there a step by step video to this process? There's only "click to copy signal" videos. Nothing that explains what steps there are between getting a real account up and running and clicking that button.

I feel lost here. The videos do not help me. If anyone can answer my questions it would be great!

Do i need other apps to automatically copytrade? Where do I put money?

I once opened an account and put money in MQL5 and could not get them back out, because "I wasn't a seller account" - what?

Nothing here is logical =/

Use the instruction on my post above (two links) about how to subscribe to the signal directly from Metatrader.

I did - it only says how to pay for signals, not where I can put the money I want to invest when the signal is copied :)

Your description of the path to the subscription button is different than what I tried so I will try your path and see what happens :)

Thank you for taking time to help :)

Hi :)

I don’t have a search button when I look at my screen in MT4 - screenshot attached - I don’t even have anything that looks like your screenshots in your tutorial.

Maybe it’s because I am on iPad?

Best regards

Mette

I looked through ALL menus in my MT4 app and nowhere does it say "aumatically copy a signal from another trader" or anything similar

I can see how I myself can open trades etc, but I don't want that because the signal guy I am following is in Europe and does his best signals at night when I am asleep, so I want to follow his signal automatically :)

Reason: