MQL5 VPS problem - page 4

Sergey Golubev #:
Anyway, I will report  to the service desk now about this issue (but it is still unclear to me about where this issue is coming from).
I hope the service desk will check this situation (I will provide the link to this thread for them).
Thanks.

Sergey Golubev #:
Anyway, I will report  to the service desk now about this issue (but it is still unclear to me about where this issue is coming from).
I hope the service desk will check this situation (I will provide the link to this thread for them).

If we log in the affected trading account from another works well MT4 without log in the MQL Community, then it works fine, but also the VPS icon didn't appear in the Navigator.

Sergey Golubev #:

1.MT4 can connect to trading account without MQL5 VPS? If MQL5 VPS does not work so MT4 should work and connected to trading account, right?
So, MT4 is working fine connected to the trading account ... right? Because if not so it is issue related to the broker (broker disabled some server for traders or rename the server, or any other action).

2.Can you move your subscription from one MQL5 VPS server to the other MQL5 VPS server using this link?

https://www.mql5.com/en/vps/subscriptions

There is "Change server" ... so it is changing MQL5 VPS server from bad one to new one.
Did anyone try that?

3.What is written in MT4 journal/logs?
"not connected to hosting server" or something ...?

---------------------------

I may report about this issue to the service desk but I need to understand ... because they will ask ...
Because if I do not understand so - how can I report? I do not have MQL5 VPS now but my demo trading account stopped working for me (and I lost good stats for EA's trading) ... and I do not have MQL5 VPS ...

The main issue here is the Host Server, not the Broker Server. It is as though someone has taken over the host server and unsubscribed the owners accounts but kept hosting running on the MQL5 website. If this is a hack, someone is using our subscriptions funds to host their accounts.

I use Pepperstone and I have this problem on my MQL5 VPS subscribed MT4 client. If people using other brokers have the same problem. Then, it's not broker related. Last week when I purchased the VPS, it was in the middle of maintenance, nothing seemed working including the service desk. It took 2 days for my payment to went through.  A week later, the VPS got disconnected from the client or make the client crashed. This is not a good sign for a company. 

thiezo #:

The main issue here is the Host Server, not the Broker Server. It is as though someone has taken over the host server and unsubscribed the owners accounts but kept hosting running on the MQL5 website. If this is a hack, someone is using our subscriptions funds to host their accounts.

Our VPS didn't unsubscribe, it still running well with my EA (Placing trades, closing trades etc), but we cannot sync because 1). we can't start up the MT4, 2).VPS icon disappeared. 3). We cannot sync our account to the VPS. 4). It looks like we didn't subscribe to the VPS.

ALC #:

So I conclusion the issue right now:

1). Those account subscribed to the MQL5 VPS, those MT4 get "Unspecified Error" and cannot start up after you closed it.

2). The VPS still working, the VPS server name become korea wording , and it is Free right now, $0.00 for 1 month, 3 months.

3). We cannot use another MT4 to log in the account which is subscribed to the MQL VPS, move to another MT4, another MT4 get infected.

4). The MQL VPS icon disappeared from the "Navigator", mean it looks like you never subscribe for any MQL VPS.

5). There's no issue from the MQL VPS subscription page, we can manage the VPS Start,Stop,Change Server,Change account etc, but the VPS host name all is korea word.

*You can right click on your account in Navigator, and choose the "Register a Virtual Server", then you can see it is free, and the VPS server is korean word.

The situation has sustained for several hours. I worry about if the MQL5 team does not want to fix it. I don't know how to contact with MQL5 team. What if they don't give us any shit, I think I will transfer all EA to MT5 since there seems okay right now. 

ALC #:

Our VPS didn't unsubscribe, it still running well with my EA (Placing trades, closing trades etc), but we cannot sync because 1). we can't start up the MT4, 2).VPS icon disappeared. 3). We cannot sync our account to the VPS. 4). It looks like we didn't subscribe to the VPS.So

So the situation is: the EA on the MQL VPS is still working (their machine is still working)?

leon921011 #:

So the situation is: the EA on the MQL VPS is still working (their machine is still working)?

Yes, it still working.

ALC #:

Our VPS didn't unsubscribe, it still running well with my EA (Placing trades, closing trades etc), but we cannot sync because 1). we can't start up the MT4, 2).VPS icon disappeared. 3). We cannot sync our account to the VPS. 4). It looks like we didn't subscribe to the VPS.

Ok I understand. My EA doesn't place trades frequently so I couldn't see if the EA is running or not. Perhaps the issue is with the interface sync between the server and the installed platform on our side. The strange part is the name of the host server written in a different language.

Yeah I think hackers trying to hack into MQL5..but it is not that easy to hack into data center.
Reason: