How does MQL5.com balance interact with broker balance?

I'm a little confused on where I need to deposit money when using a signal from mql5.com.

Right now, I have an account open with a broker and have $1,000 USD deposited in the account.  I've signed up with a signal on mql5.com, but in my MetaTrader 4 software, under Terminal > Signals > Signal purchased, the upper right of the terminal says my balance is $0.00.  Is the money in the mql5.com account ONLY for subscribing to signals, or do I need to add money for the signal to use for trades?

You MQL5.com balance is only for buying services within the MQL5.com website, such as: market products, signal subscriptions, VPS hosting and so on.

It has nothing to do with your broker's account balance, which is the money you trade with. 

Aaron Priest:

I'm a little confused on where I need to deposit money when using a signal from mql5.com.

Right now, I have an account open with a broker and have $1,000 USD deposited in the account.  I've signed up with a signal on mql5.com, but in my MetaTrader 4 software, under Terminal > Signals > Signal purchased, the upper right of the terminal says my balance is $0.00.  Is the money in the mql5.com account ONLY for subscribing to signals, or do I need to add money for the signal to use for trades?

You deposited Balance in your Broker account for trade not in MQL5. You need to deposit in MQL5 separately for signal services charges. 

(You can not withdraw deposited funds from MQL5

Aaron Priest:

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/523

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/10773#q09

How to Subscribe to Trading Signals
How to Subscribe to Trading Signals
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
The Signals service introduces social trading with MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5. The Service is integrated into the trading platform, and allows anyone to easily copy trades of professional traders. Select any of the thousands of signal providers, subscribe in a few clicks and the provider's trades will be copied on your account.
Reason: