Signal not copying (was working before)

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone could help me out with the following problem...

I subscribed to a signal about a week ago and it was working fine for the first 2 days and after it stopped copying all the trades from the Signal provider.

I have VPS service through MetaTrader.

Any ideas what I could do to fix this problem?

Thanks!

dollarcaust:

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone could help me out with the following problem...

I subscribed to a signal about a week ago and it was working fine for the first 2 days and after it stopped copying all the trades from the Signal provider.

I have VPS service through MetaTrader.

Any ideas what I could do to fix this problem?

Thanks!

We wouldn't know without any further data, some log files from VPS for example.

Maybe a check on the MT >> Tools >> Options >> Signals, settings and re-synchronize with the VPS will solve the problem.

Eleni Anna Branou:

We wouldn't know without any further data, some log files from VPS for example.

Maybe a check on the MT >> Tools >> Options >> Signals, settings and re-synchronize with the VPS will solve the problem.

I believe I didn't have the correct settings, so I went ahead and reset them and believe that is working good now.

1. I went to options and logged in to my mql5 account.

2. Then went to signal settings and checked everything and adjusted to my preferred settings.

3. Then right clicked on my vps tap under my account and clicked "synchronize experts, indicators & signals"

Please correct me if I missed or did something wrong.

However, I notice that if I exit from my MetaTrader 4 program (provided from my broker) and open it again, I lose all the settings and have to reset everything again. How can I avoid this? I just want to be able to run the signal through the vps and from time to time be able to open the account just to see what trades the account is holding...

dollarcaust:

I believe I didn't have the correct settings, so I went ahead and reset them and believe that is working good now.

1. I went to options and logged in to my mql5 account.

2. Then went to signal settings and checked everything and adjusted to my preferred settings.

3. Then right clicked on my vps tap under my account and clicked "synchronize experts, indicators & signals"

Please correct me if I missed or did something wrong.

However, I notice that if I exit from my MetaTrader 4 program (provided from my broker) and open it again, I lose all the settings and have to reset everything again. How can I avoid this? I just want to be able to run the signal through the vps and from time to time be able to open the account just to see what trades the account is holding...

No, that's your mistake, when your synchronize the settings are uploaded to your VPS server and you don't have to keep your computer on with the settings applied also locally, because you end up copying the signal twice.

After the synchronization you don't have to do anything else.

Eleni Anna Branou:

No, that's your mistake, when your synchronize the settings are uploaded to your VPS server and you don't have to keep your computer on with the settings applied also locally, because you end up copying the signal twice.

After the synchronization you don't have to do anything else.

Could you provide a series of steps for mt4? I already have a membership to the signal and vps through meta trader. I would like to have the signal run through the vps and be able to open the metatrader platform and just look what the signal is holding

You said after the synchronization I don't have to do anything else, but the synchronization is the 3rd and last step of what I did...

Thanks for your help...

dollarcaust:

Could you provide a series of steps for mt4? I already have a membership to the signal and vps through meta trader. I would like to have the signal run through the vps and be able to open the metatrader platform and just look what the signal is holding

You said after the synchronization I don't have to do anything else, but the synchronization is the 3rd and last step of what I did...

Thanks for your help...

However, I notice that if I exit from my MetaTrader 4 program (provided from my broker) and open it again, I lose all the settings and have to reset everything again.

Don't do that, that's your mistake!

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/189731

Eleni Anna Branou:

However, I notice that if I exit from my MetaTrader 4 program (provided from my broker) and open it again, I lose all the settings and have to reset everything again.

Don't do that, that's your mistake!

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/189731

So don't reset it after opening mt4 again?

I referenced that exact post when I first reset it

For anyone looking for a solution to a problem similar to mine or the signal being copied twice - please see this post: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/270277/page3

Copying issue
Copying issue
  • www.mql5.com
Hello ,I have subscribed for a signal and when the trader open trade , on my platform there are 2 open trades, the second one is extra and the trad...
Reason: