Is it a shame not to know how to make money in the forex market after 8 years of experience? - page 15

pribludilsa #
:

What does it depend on? A rounding cure? What if there are digits that, after rounding, give an error of 0.00001?

Normalise to _Digit and never compare Double

Volodymyr Zubov #:

Normalise to _Digit and never compare Double

Normalize double, however, uses the arithmetic rounding rule. Can't it be that after rounding you get an error of 0.00001? In other words, how easy is it to ignore decimal places instead of rounding? Although there will probably never be a digit value there that results in an error. And of course the market can tolerate such an error. But all the same, it is interesting for general development.

pribludilsa #:
Normalize double, however, uses the arithmetic rounding rule. Can't it be that after rounding there will be an error of 0.00001? In other words, how easy is it to ignore decimal places instead of rounding? Although there will probably never be a digit value there that results in an error. And of course the market can tolerate such an error. But all the same, it is interesting for general development.

Unfortunately it can. Unprint it in a comment.

P.S. Mql has nothing to do with it. It is a Pentium error since 1992 that has never been fixed and will never be fixed because all the programmers got used to it and the whole world "got around" to it.

If it (a 30 year old CPU error) is fixed, the whole world will lie down, it's easier to account for it at the software level.

Volodymyr Zubov #:

Unfortunately it can. Unprint it in the comment.

P.S. Mql has nothing to do with it. It is a Pentium bug since 1992 that has never been fixed and will never be fixed because all the programmers got used to it and the whole world "bypasses" it.

It turns out you can use multiplication and math floor. That's how useful it is to browse the forum, I wouldn't have guessed it myself, I hadn't even thought about it.

pribludilsa #:
It turns out you can use multiplication and math floor. That's how useful it is to browse the forum, I wouldn't have guessed it myself, I hadn't even thought about it.

Anything is possible, but 'print' the result for yourself so you're not surprised.

Vladimir Baskakov #:
Points before the comma, pips after the comma. Axiom

What is the use of such terminology?

Dmitry Fedoseev #:

What is the use of such terminology?

"Pips is an abbreviation of the two English words 'percentage' and 'point'. A 'pip' can therefore be defined as a percentage point, which is the minimum variation of the price on a Forex currency exchange (1/100th of a percent). This popular market instrument helps you to quickly capture even the smallest of price movements. At the same time, the pip performs the function of rate clarification, starting at the fifth decimal point."
What is a pip?
The fact is that in this market, currencies are valued to the nearest fourth decimal place. Accordingly, a pip is the fourth decimal place, which represents the smallest rate fluctuation.

A simple example could be observed at the rate of the most popular currency pair USD/EUR. If the value of this tandem fell from 1.200 to 1.1150, professional traders say: "The price has changed by 50 pips. Many traders try to make small profits on short trades by predicting such changes. If a quote increases or decreases by more than 100 pips, such an irregular situation is called a "Big Figure". Despite the seeming insignificance, even such a small amount as 1 pip in large deals of 1 lot and more pays off in the case of a positive closing of the order.

It should be noted that 1 pip for currency pairs with the Japanese Yen (JPY) corresponds to the second decimal place. Such an arrangement is due to the two-digit exchange rate of this currency against the American dollar (1 USD = 111.4 JPY as of July 2017)

So, 1 pip equals 0.0001 and when the Japanese Yen is traded = 0.01. If five decimal places are used to determine a quote, then a change of one pip would equal 10 pips.

What is a point?
A pip or point is similar to a pip, but describes the change in price to the left of the decimal point. Because it is a larger parameter, the term 'pips' is used mainly in the stock markets, where shares are traded. That is, if a security has fallen from $120 to $115, the value is said to have changed by 5 pips.

Vladimir Baskakov #:
"Pips is an abbreviation of the two English words "percentage" and "point". A "pip" can therefore be defined as a percentage point which represents the minimum price variation in the Forex exchange market (1/100th of a percent). This popular market instrument helps you to quickly capture even the smallest of price movements. At the same time, the pip performs the function of rate clarification, starting at the fifth decimal point."

Porridge of thoughts... If 1/100th of a percent, and a percent is also 1/100th, then it is 1/10000, that is 0.0001 - four decimal places. There are many quotes and brokerage companies or brokers (if someone feels bad from the word DC) that have 5 decimal places. So 4 digits is no longer a "minimum variation" or a "slightest" change in quotations.

And how do you get "pips" from "percentage points"?

It's just a complete pisser of some kind. There's no end to arguments on this forum at the level of 3rd grade middle school maths.... With a scientific look on your face))

"

Dmitry Fedoseev #:

Porridge of thoughts... If 1/100th of a percent, and a percent is also 1/100th, then it is 1/10000, that is 0.0001 - four decimal places. There are many quotes and brokerage companies or brokers (if someone feels bad from the word DC) that have 5 decimal places. So 4 digits is no longer a "minimum variation" or a "slightest" change in quotations.

And how do you get "pips" from "percentage points"?

It's just a complete pisser of some kind. There's no end to arguments on this forum at the level of 3rd grade middle school maths.... With a scientific look on your face))

"

I'm sorry, it's not my fault you don't know the alphabet.
Reason: