Big risk, big profit? - page 3

Konstantin Erin:

Increased by a factor of two million. That was a long time ago, about five years ago. The system is still in place.

We need to start breaking the back of forex very hard immediately.

webgopnik:

Well, if you increased that much on the demo account, then increase it on the real account.

Exactly. And you're saying, "you're not looking for someone to cheat"?

I have 700 experts. They're always working on the demo. Not one of them has been in profit for any length of time. From time to time some of them show good results, but they inevitably get dumped.

So, if you show profit on the demo-is not the fact that with the exact same trade you will show profit on the real account, the system is just at this point will stop working.

Georgiy Merts:

That's right. And you say "not looking for someone to cheat"?

I have 700 experts. They're always working on demos. Not one of them has been profitable for any length of time. From time to time some of them show good results, but they inevitably get dumped.

So, if you show profit on the demo, there is no guarantee that you will show profit on the real account with exactly the same trade, the system will stop working at this very moment.

So the problem is not between the real and the demo, but the fact that even on the demo they are losing, if I understood correctly. So the problem is in the Expert Advisor, not in the account type.

Georgiy Merts That's right. And you say "not looking for someone to cheat"?

I have 700 experts. And not a single one has been in profit for any length of time. From time to time some of them show good results, but inevitably lose.

So, if you show profit on the demo, it is not the fact that you will show the same results on the real account.

I've seen it myself. I have developed a profitable system on my own indicator. I spent the entire year fine-tuning it. The thing is that for me the programming process is the most important thing. The profits come tenth. When I decided to implement it in real trading, the market changed. The strategy was no longer profitable. The thing is that I have used a particular small feature of price movement, which has disappeared. I should have used a more general feature.

I have written hundreds of three scripts, indicators and Expert Advisors. I got bored. I started to look for those that are for sale. I even thought of buying them. Then I downloaded demo versions. I reconstructed the logic by the report and thus restored the source code. I even wrote some scripts for this work. It appeared that traded Expert Advisors were showing something decent at the best in the tester. One Expert Advisor even increased the deposit 1000 times on one day. But they all were losing even on the demo.

Now I have downloaded all of them from CodeBase. I have downloaded one of them the other day, removed all unnecessary things from it (it has become 3 times shorter) and suddenly it started bringing profit. Now it is on a demo on a free VPS. I`ve been in big drawdown twice, but I`ve managed to get out of it fast. +70% per month. Took another half out of it. I let it go on the real account. Profit is much less, but the drawdown is small too. Now I'm improving it. In a year I`ll start the last version for real and finish my programming. I was planning to give it to a gypsy together with the investment, but he does not tell me about the guarantees.

webgopnik:

So it's not about real and demo, it's about the fact that even on demo they are losing, if I understand correctly. So the problem is in the Expert Advisor, not in the account type.

My point is that ALL systems will ALWAYS fail sooner or later.

So, if you have earned money with some system now, it's not the fact that you will earn more with it.

Konstantin Erin:

That the Expert Advisor stops making profit - I have seen it myself. I developed a profitable system on my own indicator. And I spent a whole year fine-tuning it. The thing is that for me the most important thing is the programming process. The profits come tenth. When I decided to implement it in real trading, the market changed. The strategy was no longer profitable. The thing is that I have used a particular small feature of price movement, which has disappeared. I should have used a more general feature.

That's right.

As I've already told, I began my acquaintance with trading when I met a "manual" trader who had a very complex system that made profit on a large time interval. We coded it into an Expert Advisor for almost six months. In 15 years the expert demonstrated stable profit. When we used it for real trading, it showed good results for the first month, but then lost everything in two months.

So I asked myself why I had spent years working on an Expert Advisor that worked in exactly the same way as the easiest one. I switched to the simplest Expert Advisor, and now I only pay attention to how to switch between them.

Georgiy Merts:

My point is that ALL systems will ALWAYS merge sooner or later.

So, if you have made money with a system now, it does not mean that you will make more money with it.

It is possible to make a system that will never fail, because it will only work to the upside.

It is based on positive expected payoffs.

webgopnik: Well, if the demo account increased in so much, then increase it on the real account.

What's the point? I like the process itself. Holding the key to the flat where the money is lying in my hands is much more pleasant than a money chest. And most importantly, it's easier!!!

Konstantin Erin:

What's the point? I like the process itself. Holding the key to the flat where the money is lying in my hands is much more pleasant than a money chest. And most importantly, it's easier!!!

So you don't have a process. The process of making money. You're trading on the demo. You try it on the real, you'll go straight to Forbes with 2 million percent.

webgopnik:   So you have no process. The process of making money. You trade on the demo. You try it on the real, you'll go straight to Forbes with 2 million percent.

I'm a real trader. Forbes doesn't give a damn. 2 million times that's only 20,000 percent - once again, you've shown your brains. I am a programmer. I like the PROCESS of creating a grail advisor. Almost done. One year to go. I wanted to give it to you along with the investment. Had trouble with the guarantees. Change your avatar. Otherwise, I'll stop cooperating.

Found the reports on the computer. Increased 2 million times in 12 hours of one day. Thinking of making a signal on it. But need to significantly reduce profit to 50% per month. I think we should trade 1 day a month - first Friday of the month. If it trades more than 49%, I will switch on the sinker.

Reason: