Grail, trading systems, martingale, netting, pyramiding. Let's share our experiences and move towards our goal! - page 15

Back on topic: Today is Friday, which is the most netted day of the year.

Fisherman's day you could say :-)

You can trade this 1 day a week. Watch the news in advance and if nothing extra awful is expected, put limit nets from opening

Friday is structured that way, statistically the range is a bit smaller and there is a greater tendency to return.

secret #:
There are no gaps between sessions. Only between weeks, and even that is rare.

Are you saying that every American session opens at exactly the same level as the previous American session closed?) Oh, that "I haven't read it, but I judge it".)

Aleksey Nikolayev #:

Are you saying that every American session opens at exactly the same level as the previous American session closed?)

If you mean forex, it's not a gap, it's just a price increment.
By the way, where did you get the session timeline? They only exist in session (stock) markets. In forex, there is no clear session boundary.

secret #:
If you mean forex, it's not a gap, it's just an increment in price.
and everywhere else it is

secret #:
If you mean forex, it's not a gap, it's just an increment in price.
By the way, where did you get the session timeline from? it only exists in session (stock) markets.

When the stock market is closed or the bankers have the day off, forex is in a deep flat.

secret #:
If you mean forex, it's not a gap, it's just a price increment.
By the way, where did you get the session timings from? they only exist in session (stock) markets.

I don't see any meaningful obstacle to calling it "inter-session gaps" and trying to investigate them in the same way as regular gaps.

There is no exchange in forex, but there are banks that play the role of major players in that market, which like exchanges do not operate around the clock.

If there are any objections to this particular article, it is better to post them in the discussion to it. The topic of this thread is a little different.

Aleksey Nikolayev #:

I don't see any meaningful obstacles to calling these "inter-session gaps" and trying to investigate them in the same way as regular gaps.

There is a misunderstanding of the nature of gaps, and their impact on subsequent price movement.

Aleksey Nikolayev #:

If there are any objections to this particular article, it is better to post them in the discussion to it. The topic of this thread is a little different.

The thread is about grails, and gaps (real ones) are quite a grail)
You have a good article on statistics, but the topic of gaps is left out)

secret #:
There is a lack of understanding of the nature of gaps, and their impact on subsequent price movement.

There is a misunderstanding that the nature of anything should be investigated and analysed, not established by the assertions of forum anonyms.

secret #:
This thread is about grails, and gaps (real ones) are quite a grail)
You have a good article on statistics, but you don't talk about gaps at all).

Make up your mind whether it's once a year or a grail).

The essence of the article was to demonstrate the essence of the idea of applying the mastat on a more or less sensible and simple material. I have written about it more than once. One could also write on the basis of cointegration, but then this essence would simply dissolve into a technically complicated concept.

Reason: