The slippage parameter in the EA. - page 4

Aleksey Mavrin:

One well-known broker has standard instant accounts on MT5, and I think there are some on MT4 as well, all on 5 digits of course. It doesn't depend on the 5th digit. And instant does not equal kitchen.

Some people are just better suited to instant, some strategies dictate the requirements of execution at the exact price, even with missing trades.

This is not a broker, but some kind of fancy dealing. How do they price them, does the director from home send whatever he thinks of?

Vitaly Muzichenko:

This is no longer a broker, but some kind of fancy dealing. How do they price them, does the director of the house send whatever he thinks of?

I wouldn't throw around such labels as "dingy", otherwise it turns out 100% dingy and everyone here has to go to the factory).

Dealing yes, but so what, especially if it's civilised and not kitchen-sink. It's just that in such accounts there is no commission per transaction, as the earnings are on the spread.

On market accounts there is a comms, but the spread is minimal, that's the difference in their economics.

Besides, if brokerage companies have both types of accounts, then there is more opportunity to reduce risks for both sides.

And market execution does not eliminate the risks of "kitchen sink", as the broker has the ability to play the price from different liquidity providers, etc.

Aleksey Mavrin:

I wouldn't throw around such labels as "dorky", otherwise you get 100% dorky and everyone here has to go to the factory).

Dealing yes, but so what, especially if it's civilised and not a kitchen sink. It's just that in such accounts there is no commission per transaction, as the earnings are on the spread.

On market accounts there is a comms, but the spread is minimal, that's the difference in their economics.

Besides, if brokerage companies have both types of accounts, then there is more opportunity to reduce risks for both sides.

And market execution does not eliminate the risks of "kitchen sink", as the broker has the ability to play the price from different liquidity providers, etc.

Folks, hi! Sorry, that is not on topic ... Previously, the site was a page with the developers of experts (programmers), well, how many orders completed, etc. etc.. Cheh something I can not find now, if anyone is aware of it, tell me tips. Opps.

Today I called to a consultant and he said: "ECN accounts have Executive orders and if there is no market price for the order, the order will open at the next available price, but NANO accounts only have Instant Market orders and if there is no market price for the order, the order will not open. I asked him: "What should I do? How should I let my EA trade in such a situation? "The consultant replied: "We do not develop EAs ".

Zvezdochet:
I called my advisor today and he said, "On an ECN account we have action orders and if there is no market price for the order, the order will open at the next available price, but on a NANO account only the instant market order will open and if there is no market price for the order, the order will not open. I asked him: "What should I do? How should I let my EA trade in such a situation? "The consultant replied: "We do not develop EAs ".

;)

set the slippage parameter in the Expert Advisor to zero and try

no other options

The advisor will NOT have a "slippage" parameter

Zvezdochet:
There will be NO slippage in the EA

Well, thank goodness)

Zvezdochet:
The EA DOES NOT have a "slippage" parameter

the parameter must be

the only question is, what does it equal?

VVT:

Well, thank goodness)

You've already been told what to put in. And no zeros.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

The Slippage parameter in the Expert Advisor.

Aleksei Stepanenko, 2020.11.17 18:22

Try putting INT_MAX value in the slippage parameter. Ideally, it will open an order under any conditions in any market.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategies testing

Slippage in Expert Advisor.

Aleksei Stepanenko, 2020.11.17 18:49

I don't know what conversation you have with the programmer, but if you make a request to the server like this:

int ticket=OrderSend(symbol,operation,lot,price,INT_MAX,stoploss,takeprofit,NULL,magic,0,clrNONE);

then you can forget about slippage.

Zvezdochet:
I called my advisor today and he said: "ECN accounts have Executive orders and if there is no market price for the order, the order will open at the next available price, but NANO accounts have only Instant Market orders and if there is no market price for the order, the order will not open. I asked him: "What should I do? How should I let my EA trade in such a situation? "The consultant replied: "We do not develop EAs ".

We will have to trade the way we have always traded

Reason: