How to make giant profits on forex? - page 25

ironfelx:

And at one time it was suggested to open in the direction of the main move, rather than in the direction of a pullback.

Does it mean that it does not matter where to open, as long as the MM is chosen based on trade statistics?

Of course - the direction is not important - MM will take care of it...

khorosh:

Yes, this is from my practical experience. You can see the results of the test here .

I don't consider the tester as an indicator. Have you tried it on a real (demo) trade?

ironfelx:
What do you think about this approach? (link to article http://strategy.opentraders.ru/250.html)
To begin with, it is necessary to approximate the strategy by some characteristics to the conditions of participation in GOSLOTO.
  • the betting amount is $1;

• participation costs per year ~ $100 (2 times a week for $1);

• a guaranteed return (see below) of at least 50% of costs;

• odds of taking the jackpot of at least $670,000 in each "draw" should leave at least 1 in 8,145,060 (we'll do much better).

Now we know how to achieve a big win, how to get intermediate prizes, we know the criteria to focus on when creating a lottery strategy. All that remains is to put it all together and finally formulate the first version of the rules:
  1. Determine at random the direction of the future trade, open in the chosen direction on EURUSD.

2. Set SL=50, TP=50 (in pips) so that 50 pips of price movement = $1

3. If win, then set aside 8.36%* of the current amount, and spend the rest on the next transaction in series, proportionally increasing the lot.

4. If losing start from the first point.

5. Play in this manner, until 22* steps in a row are completed

6. Make sure to open no more than, but not less than two series every week.

I'm not particularly interested in other people's strategies. If I'm interested in a strategy, I place it in the Expert Advisor and run the test. There is no sense in guessing if it will or will not work.

Dmi3:

It would be interesting to look at equity without re-investment on a fixed deposit.

What is the point? I already know that the profit and maximal drawdown will be smaller. All Expert Advisors with a Martin are better tested with reinvestment because this is a tougher check. Over the entire period the deposit load is constant. And without reinvestment the deposit load decreases as it increases and hence the testing is less rigorous.

khorosh:

I didn't do distributions, I evaluated the results with a test. And I agree with what you listed to improve the signal quality. Only I did not use FA in my Expert Advisor. I have only used fractals from different TFs and wagons. I have mostly used candlestick parameters for different TFs.

I thought you wrote in some branch that you don't use strategy optimizer. Does it mean that this strategy does not use indicators, different bar price ratios, etc.? It is impossible to accurately pick out these or those indicator parameters which, by some miracle, show the profitability of the system.

Ivan_Invanov:
I don't consider the tester an indicator. Have you tried it on real (demo) trade? What was the strategy?

And in vain, with proper use of the tester and proper programming the tester agrees quite well with the real-time results. Of course, there are nuances - slippage and order execution speed are not taken into account.

This is the latest EA, I have just put it for testing on cents real yesterday.

If you read carefully the post I linked you would understand that there are many strategies, and not one, because there are many signals.

khorosh:

And in vain, with proper use of the tester and proper programming the tester agrees quite well with the real-time results. Of course, there are nuances - slippage and order execution speed are not taken into account.

This is the latest EA, I have just put it for testing on cents real yesterday.

If you read carefully the post I linked you would understand that there are many strategies, and not one, because there are many signals.

Yes, I corrected the comment when I read it. By the way, it's scary to use many strategies in one bot, because it's not clear which ones are profitable and which ones are useless or even unprofitable. Tester. Well, the ratio of tester to real depends very much on parameters and strategy.

ironfelx:

I think you wrote in some thread that you do not use the strategy optimiser. Does it mean that this strategy does not use indicators, different bar price ratios, etc.? I think it is impossible to accurately pick out these or those indicator parameters, which, by some miracle, show the profitability of the system.

First of all, as I wrote in the above post, there is not one strategy, but many.

Secondly, of all indicators used - fractal without parameters, and 5 period wagons without any optimization (used in one strategy only).

Some of the parameters you listed of course there, but using some technology, which I will not describe here, the parameters can be adjusted without enumeration of values...

Ivan_Invanov:
Yes, I corrected the comment when I read it. By the way, it is scary to use many strategies in one bot, because it is not clear which ones are profitable and which are useless or even unprofitable. Tester. Well, the ratio of tester to real depends very much on parameters and strategy.

I test each strategy separately, if it gives poor results, throw it away or tweak it.

khorosh:

I test each strategy separately, if it gives poor results, throw it away or tweak it.

I wonder why you have to cram everything into one bot? I, on the contrary, use each strategy separately. And I do not give her money from the total earnings.

Ivan_Invanov:
Yes, when I read it, I corrected the comment. By the way, it is scary to use many strategies in one bot, because it is unclear which ones are profitable and which are useless or even unprofitable. Tester. Well, the ratio of tester to real depends very much on parameters and strategy.

For each TS, put a different magik - and voila, you can evaluate each strategy separately, watching the trades on the required magik.

Reason: