Looking for patterns - page 142

multiplicator:

My imho that there can only be 2 types of trading systems.

1) Trade fluctuations in the direction of the average.

2) trading trend reversals

In both cases, all depends on finding the right indicator. the indicator that will correctly indicate the middle of the trading channel.

in order for the indicator to show a reversal, the algorithm, i.e. the condition must be fulfilled

respectively, we will get the lag of the indicator by as many bars, as necessary for the creation of this condition

as a result, we will earn during a trend and lose during a flat, or vice versa

the indicator will not help

and your saw is a sine wave and could be anything

multiplicator:

My hunch is that there can only be two types of trading systems.

1) trading fluctuations in the direction of the average.

2) trading trend reversals

in both cases it all comes down to finding the right indicator. an indicator that will correctly show the middle of the trading channel.

Nostadamus and Picasso all in one)

CHINGIZ MUSTAFAEV:
Nostadamus and Picasso all rolled into one)

The market is much easier to predict than you are to change your avatar.)

Renat Akhtyamov:

As a result, we will earn in the trend and lose in the flat, or vice versa.

If you make the trend and flat profits complement each other, you will get the Grail.

CHINGIZ MUSTAFAEV:
If you make a trend or a flat, then you have a grail.

I have one of these, but it's not a grail.

the basic principle is that there is no tracking of price movements

Renat, a question for you. Let's say you have a market-neutral spread that has lasted for 6 years. So what will you do when this spread slowly (not sharply) continues to widen, at what point do you realise that your market neutrality has become acid-alkali imbalanced?

Anatolii Zainchkovskii:
Renat, a question for you. Let's assume there is a market-neutral spread that lasts for 6 years. So what will you do when this spread slowly (not sharply) continues to widen, at what point do you realize that your market neutrality has become acid-alkali imbalanced?

By then, his swap deposit will be lost. It won't matter. :)

Anatolii Zainchkovskii:
Renat, a question for you. Let's assume there is a market neutral spread that has lasted for 6 years. So what will you do when this spread slowly (not abruptly) continues to tear (expand), at what point do you realize that your market neutrality has become acid-alkali disbalanced?

You can track by the statistics of increments in one direction or the other, as well as by the speed of increments.
Dig in that direction.

Anatolii Zainchkovskii:
Let's say there is a market-neutral spread that has lasted for 6 years. What will you do when this spread slowly (not sharply) continues to widen? At what point do you realize that your market neutrality has become acid-alkali imbalanced?

interesting question

I'm just trying to think of something.

Reason: